Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
The ultimate in warming scrumptious comfort food, this super easy slow cooker mac and cheese recipe is creamy, cheesy, and luxuriously indulgent! Whats more it’s perfect for anyone following the Slimming World plan or a calorie controlled plan.
This delicious Mac and cheese recipe is literally a breeze to throw together! There is no need to pre cook the macaroni either. It really is one of those dump and cook kind of recipes that the whole family will enjoy again and again.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- No pre cooking required
- Amazing comfort food for the whole family
- Perfect for batch cooking
- Only uses minimal Syns
- Creamy and delicious
- All in one pot.. minimal mess
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: The best way to reheat Macaroni Cheese is to do it slowly and gradually in the microwave. Stir the pasta intermittently during cooking whilst adding a little milk to prevent it drying out.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely.. as long as you are willing to use some Syns and both of your Healthy Extra A allowance. As long as you fill your plate with as much speed foods first this can make a delicious Slimming World friendly meal. I would say this is a real treat but so worth using the Syns for! It’s a real Mac and Cheese with authentic taste!
Can you recommend a good Slow Cooker?
At the moment I am loving the Morphy Richards Sear and Stew 3.5 Litre Oval Slow Cooker Titanium The colour is stunning and I am loving the fact you can use the pan of the slow cooker to sear your meat. Less mess and washing up!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my emails… don’t miss a recipe!
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker
- 220g Uncooked Dried Macaroni Pasta
- 200g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese [Grated]
- 600ml Full Fat Cows Milk [Room temperature]
- 100ml Double Cream [Room temperature]
- 100g Plain Quark [Room temperature]
- 25g Reduced Fat Butter
- 25g Plain White Flour
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- Pinch Salt and Black Pepper
- Switch on the slow cooker and allow it to warm through.
- Pop the butter into the slow cooker and allow it to melt.
- Add mustard powder, mix together. Then sieve the flour into the butter. Mix quickly.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper. You should be left with a kind of thick paste now.
- Pour in the double cream and quark and stir quickly and continuously to form a thick creamy sauce.
- Next slowly add the milk bit by bit, stirring quickly. This will produce a must thinner but still creamy sauce.
- Place the uncooked macaroni into the slow cooker, stir and ensure all of the liquid covers the macaroni.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for around 2 hours or until the macaroni is cooked al dente.
- Remove the lid and stir in all of the grated cheese. Cover with the lid again and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Recipe note: If you prefer a crispier Mac and cheese. Retain a quarter of the cheese to sprinkle on the top and place into the oven for 10 – 15 minutes at the end.