Learn how to make the creamiest homemade Slimming World friendly strawberry milkshake with fresh strawberries.
Since Slimming World introduced the second Healthy Extra A allowance I have really struggled to consume it each day. I am not a tea or coffee drinker and once I have consumed my cereal I don’t really have any desire to drink milk. I found I was just adding cheese to everything.. does anyone else do this?
However last night I had a massive craving for a McDonalds milkshake.. of course I managed to resist. But Mrfatgirlskinny reminded me of the Halo top icecream I had hidden in the depths of the freezer and mentioned it may make a rather nice milkshake… did it? Errr it sure did!!
WHY IS THIS THE BEST STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE?
- Creamy, thick, filling and nourishing
- Tastes delicious
- Very quick and easy to make
- Low Syn
- Perfect for all of the family
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- You will require a food processor/blender to create this recipe.
IS THIS MILKSHAKE SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
- Use one of your healthy extra A allowance’s for the milk.
- 100g Pureed Strawberries are counted as 1.5 Syns, or half of your healthy extra B allowance for the day. I will leave this up to you.
- 26g Halo top Strawberry ice cream is worth 2 Syns.
MY TIPS FOR THE PERFECT MILKSHAKE
- Frozen strawberries are okay but allow them to thaw first before blending.
- Freeze your glass to keep the milkshake really cold and stop it from melting too quickly.
- Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before using.
THAT MILKSHAKE MOMENT!
- Food Processor/Blender
- 150ml Whole Milk
- 100g Strawberries (Hulled)
- 26g Halo Top Strawberry Ice Cream
- Tip the hulled strawberries into a food processor, add the milk and ice cream. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in frozen glasses and garnish with an extra strawberry.