Best Ever Strawberry Milkshake | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Learn how to make the creamiest homemade Slimming friendly strawberry milkshake with fresh strawberries. Everyone will love it.. even the kiddos! This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Since Slimming World introduced the second Healthy Extra A allowance I have really struggled to consume it each day. I am not a tea or coffee drinker and once I have consumed my cereal I don’t really have any desire to drink milk. I found I was just adding cheese to everything.. does anyone else do this?
However last night I had a massive craving for a McDonalds milkshake.. of course I managed to resist. But Mrfatgirlskinny reminded me of the Halo top icecream I had hidden in the depths of the freezer and mentioned it may make a rather nice milkshake… did it? Errr it sure did!!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Creamy, thick, filling and nourishing
- Tastes delicious
- Very quick and easy to make
- Low Syn
- Perfect for all of the family
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
In our opinion yes, but please be aware everything is estimated by us and not verified by Slimming World.
- Use one of your healthy extra A allowance’s for the milk.
- 100g Pureed Strawberries are counted as 1.5 Syns, or half of your healthy extra B allowance for the day. I will leave this up to you.
- 26g Halo top Strawberry ice cream is worth 2 Syns.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight bottle for no more than 48 hours.
- Freezer: Not suitable for freezing.
Top tips for the perfect milkshake…..
- Frozen strawberries are okay but allow them to thaw first before blending.
- Freeze your glass to keep the milkshake really cold and stop it from melting too quickly.
- Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before using.
THAT MILKSHAKE MOMENT!
- Food Processor/Blender
- 150ml Whole Milk
- 100g Strawberries (Hulled)
- 26g Halo Top Strawberry Ice Cream
- Tip the hulled strawberries into a food processor, add the milk and ice cream. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in frozen glasses and garnish with an extra strawberry.