This spiced Vegan Red Lentil Soup is a warm, comforting meal that comes together in just 45 minutes. It’s full of flavour and Syn free when following the Slimming World plan.
Happy Friday! I hope you are all back on track and looking for some hearty tasty Slimming World friendly recipes. I’ve long been promising more vegan recipes on the site, and I’ve come through with a few but I’ve definitely not gotten as many vegan recipes on as I would have liked. I’m actively working on changing that because I’ve asked you guys what you are looking for and you definitely want MORE healthy, vegan meals that the whole family will enjoy.
This thick hearty vegan friendly soup will last 3 – 4 days and is one of those perfect “take to work” kinda dishes that can be reheated. This recipe is hard to resist and can work as a stand alone meal served with your Healthy extra B chunk of bread or as a filling snack. Don’t let the vegan tag scare you away either.. this recipe is delicious for anyone!
WHY IS THIS THE BEST VEGAN LENTIL SOUP?
- Creamy, thick, filling and nourishing
- Tastes delicious
- Can be stored in the fridge or frozen for later
- Very quick and easy to make
- Dairy free
- Vegan friendly
- Simple store cupboard ingredients
- Syn free
STORAGE AND FREEZING TIPS
- How long does lentil soup last? Store it for up to 3 – 4 days, covered, in the fridge
- Can I freeze this lentil soup? Yes. Freeze in single-serving portions for up to 4 months.
- Is it vegetarian lentil soup? Yes it is.
- Is this soup Vegan friendly? Yes it sure is!
- Is this recipe Syn free when following the Slimming World plan? It is indeed but remember to allow for your Healthy extra A allowance when using the milk.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- You will require a food processor/blender to create this recipe.
If this delicious recipe is not for you… check out some of my other soup recipes.
- Syn Free Curried parsnip soup
- Syn Free Butternut squash soup
- Syn Free Tomato and basil soup
- Syn Free pea and mint soup
HAVE YOU CREATED THIS OR ANY OF MY OTHER RECIPES? DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @FATGIRLSKINNY__
Syn Free Vegan Friendly Lentil Soup
- Food Processor/Blender
- 1 Large Onion (Peeled and Diced)
- 2 Large Carrots (Coarsley Grated)
- 150g Dried Red Lentils, Uncooked
- 1 Litre Boiling Vegetable Stock
- 100ml Soy Milk (Cow's milk can also be used)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- ½ tbsp Tomato Puree
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley to serve (If required)
- Spritz a pan with Frylight, bring to a medium heat and add 1 Tablespoon of vegetable stock and the onion. Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add Carrot, Cumin, Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric, Mustard Powder, Tomato puree, Salt and Pepper.
- Stir in all of the vegetable stock and milk , add the lentils, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Place straight into the blender/food processor and puree until soft and creamy. If the mixture appears a little too thick add a bit of boiling water and puree again.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.