Vegan Lentil Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This spiced Vegan Red Lentil Soup is a warm, comforting meal that comes together in just 45 minutes. It’s full of flavour and makes the perfect lunch time treat. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Happy Friday! I hope you are all back on track and looking for some hearty tasty Slimming friendly recipes. I’ve long been promising more vegan recipes on the site, and I’ve come through with a few but I’ve definitely not gotten as many vegan recipes on as I would have liked. I’m actively working on changing that because I’ve asked you guys what you are looking for and you definitely want MORE healthy, vegan meals that the whole family will enjoy.
This thick hearty vegan friendly soup will last 3 – 4 days and is one of those perfect “take to work” kinda dishes that can be reheated. This recipe is hard to resist and can work as a stand alone meal served with your Healthy extra B chunk of bread or as a filling snack. Don’t let the vegan tag scare you away either.. this recipe is delicious for anyone!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Creamy, thick, filling and nourishing
- Tastes delicious
- Can be stored in the fridge or frozen for later
- Very quick and easy to make
- Dairy free
- Vegan friendly
- Simple store cupboard ingredients
- Syn free
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
If this delicious recipe is not for you… check out some of my other soup recipes.
Vegan Friendly Lentil Soup
- Food Processor/Blender
- 1 Large Onion (Peeled and Diced)
- 2 Large Carrots (Coarsley Grated)
- 150g Dried Red Lentils, Uncooked
- 1 Litre Boiling Vegetable Stock
- 100ml Soy Milk (Cow's milk can also be used)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- ½ tbsp Tomato Puree
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley to serve (If required)
- Spritz a pan with Frylight, bring to a medium heat and add 1 Tablespoon of vegetable stock and the onion. Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add Carrot, Cumin, Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric, Mustard Powder, Tomato puree, Salt and Pepper.
- Stir in all of the vegetable stock and milk , add the lentils, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Place straight into the blender/food processor and puree until soft and creamy. If the mixture appears a little too thick add a bit of boiling water and puree again.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.