This Syn Free Hungarian Paprika Infused Chicken Goulash recipe is full of spice and flavour.. Serve alongside rice or your favourite speedy salad/vegetables.
If you shy away from spice.. try reducing the Cayenne Pepper to half a Teaspoon.. or if you prefer a real kick try doubling it. If you aren’t keen on mushrooms feel free to leave them out, I know they aren’t everyones cup of tea.
5 Chicken Skinless Breasts
1 Large Onion
2 Cloves Of Garlic
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Tsp Caraway Seeds
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Tsp Cumin
350ml Chicken Stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1/2 Tsp Dried Parsley
Salt & Pepper
- Dice the chicken into large chunks and season with salt & pepper. Dice onion, slice peppers and mushrooms.
- Spray a large pan with a little Frylight and turn to a medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Spray the pan with Frylight again and add the diced onion and peppers. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Reduce to a low heat and add the mushrooms, garlic, caraway seeds, paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley and cumin. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile make the chicken stock.. add the stock, chopped tomatoes and tomato puree to the pan. Bring to the boil, add the chicken and then reduce the heat. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- If you find that there is still too much liquid.. remove the lid and allow to simmer until the liquid is reduced.
- Serve and enjoy.