Its winter and its cold (its even snowing here in Scotland) and I am seeking warm wintery recipes at the moment. This soup is such an amazing winter warmer and it really fills the belly with Syn Free goodness 🙂
This can be made in a Soup Maker, Slow cooker or a pan. I did mine in the Slow Cooker.
Servings: 3 – 4
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Coriander
- 1 Onion Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clover Peeled and Crushed (or 1 Tsp Crushed Garlic Powder)
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 400g Parsnip Peeled and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Pint of Vegetable Stock (Made with 2 Stock Cubes)
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- In a pan spritz a little Frylight cook the Cumin and Coriander for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and a splash of water. Cook until softened.
- Add the Garlic, Turmeric, Chilli Powder and Cinnamon to the pan and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add a splash of water if the mixture feels too dry.
- Add the Parsnips and stir well. Pour in the stock, cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- After 2 – 3 minutes transfer the mixture to the Slow cooker or Soup maker and cook for 6-8 hours. (If using a pan to cook.. use a stew pot.. turn to a medium heat and cook for 1 – 2 hours or until the parsnips is soft and mushy)
- Allow the soup to cool and then blend with a food processor or Nutribullet. Blend until very smooth.
- Return to the cooking dish on a medium heat and cook for 20 – 30 minutes stirring often.
Have you created this meal? Please tag me in your photos on Instagram and you might get featured on my blog. Visit me on Instagram… @Fatgirlskinny__
Do you need some support? Are you lacking in inspiration? Join our Facebook page to make new Slimming World friends.