Slow Cooker/Soup Maker Curried Parsnip Soup | Slimming World Recipe
This beautiful Syn free Slimming World friendly winter warmer makes the perfect filling meal.
It is winter and it is very cold (its even snowing here in Scotland) and I am seeking warm comforting recipes at the moment.
This curried parsnip soup has a spicy kick, enough to give those taste buds a shake up. I use a mild Chilli powder which is perfect for all of the family. So if you want to step things up a gear feel free to upgrade to medium or hot Chilli powder.
The best thing about this soup is it can be made well in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. It is perfect to take to work and reheat in the microwave. I also find that the longer you keep the soup the more tasty it becomes too.
If you find that this soup is a bit too thick for you feel free to add a little extra stock.
If curried Parsnip isn’t your thing.. check out some of our other soup recipes.
Slow Cooker/Soup Maker Curried Parsnip Soup
- Soup maker/Slow Cooker/Stew Pot
- Food Processor
- Frying Pan
- 400g Parsnip | Peeled & Thinly Sliced
- 1 Onion | Peeled & Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1 Clove Of Garlic | Peeled & Crushed
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 1 Pint Boiling Water
- Frylight Or Other Low Calories Cooking Spray
- After prepping the onion and parsnip. Bring a pan to a medium heat and sprtiz with Frylight. Add 3 Tablespoons of cold water and add Cumin and Coriander. Mix to form a paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add onion to the pan and cook until starting to soften.
- Add Garlic, Turmeric, Chilli Powder and Cinnamon to the pan and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add a splash of water if the mixture feels too dry.
- Add the Parsnips and stir well. Pour in the stock, cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- After 2 – 3 minutes transfer the mixture to the Slow cooker or Soup maker and cook for 6-8 hours. (If using a pan to cook.. use a stew pot.. turn to a medium heat and cook for 1 – 2 hours or until the parsnips is soft and mushy)
- Allow the soup to cool and then blend with a food processor or Nutribullet. Blend until very smooth.
- Pop back into the slow cooker/soup maker or to a cooking pan.Cook for a further 30 mins on a low heat stirring occasionaly.
If you have tried this recipe don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or leave a comment below. I LOVE hearing from you all.