Syn Free Dirty Rice | Slimming World Recipe
After seeing the latest craze to hit Slimming World. I have adapted this recipe from food.com and made it completely Syn Free. It is absolutely delicious and well worth a try. If you enjoy rice dishes also check out this amazing chicken paella recipe.
Syns: Syn Free
230g Basmati, Long grain or Wholemeal Rice
500g 2% Turkey Mince or 5% Pork Mince
5 Bacon Medallions or Back bacon with all fat removed, Finely Sliced
2 Tsp Schwartz Cajun Seasoning
1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Peppers, Any colours, Finely diced
1 Medium Onion, Red or White, Diced
150ml Of Chicken Stock
1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules
Salt & Pepper
- Wash rice, Cook according to the packet and allow to cool before using.
- Make Chicken stock and leave to one side.
- Spritz a non stick pan with Frylight and add Onions, Peppers, Spring onions and Garlic. Cook until starting to soften.
- Add Bacon, Mince and Cajun Seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes ensuring the mince is cooked through.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce and Stock. Cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in drained cooled rice.. cover with all liquid/sauce and cook until all liquid has disappeared and you are left with delicious Dirty Rice.
Recipe adapted to be SW friendly. Credit to: food.com
Have you created this meal? Please tag me in your photos on Instagram and you might get featured on my blog. Visit me on Instagram @fatgirlskinny__
Do you need some support? Are you lacking in inspiration? Join our Facebook page to make new Slimming World friends.