SYN FREE CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
This Delicious Syn free chicken and asparagus risotto is quick and easy to make. It is full of flavour and freezes really well too. Making it the ultimate batch cook dish.
One of my favourite meals is a Risotto… but the majority of recipes I could find are made with wine.. so I had to get my Slimming World head on and create you lovely followers a Syn free version.
The best thing about this recipe is its a fantastic way to use up some of your roast chicken leftovers.. if you are cooking a roast today why not save some of the chicken for tomorrow and put this beautiful recipe together.
I have served mine over a bed of Spinach but it would also go perfectly with a crisp salad or a cheeky slice of garlic bread.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST SYN FREE CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO?
- Full of flavour
- Full of speed foods
- Syn Free
- Easy to make
- Freezes well
IS THIS DISH SUITABLE FOR FREEZING?
Yes, allow to cool before placing in a suitable container. Defrost before reheating on the hob.
IS THIS DISH SUITABLE FOR STORING IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
Yes, allow to cool before placing in a suitable container. It will keep for up to 4 days. Reheat on the hob.
Syn Free Chicken and Asparagus Risotto
- 2 Small Chicken Breasts, Or chicken leftovers [Diced into small chunks]
- 8 Fine asparagus spears [Sliced into 2cm sections]
- 250g Risotto Rice [Washed]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 2 Shallots [Peeled, Finely Diced]
- ¼ tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Litre Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 40g Parmesan Cheese [Grated]
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Frylight/low calorie cooking spray
- Spritz a large pan with a little Frylight and place on a medium heat.
- Add the diced Shallots and sliced Asparagus Spears into the pan and sauté for 3 – 4 minutes.
- If you are using uncooked chicken breast add this into the pan now and cook through.
- Add the Garlic to the pan and allow to cook for a further few minutes. If you find the pan is too dry add a little more Frylight or a few tbsp of the stock.
- If you are using left over chicken instead add this now.
- Add the rice and 2 TBSP of the stock, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 100ml stock and allow to simmer until all of the stock has been absorbed stirring often.
- Add another 100ml of stock and repeat the process.
- Risotto is a personal taste and there is no real science to it.. so keep adding stock stock and allowing to absorb until you are happy with the taste and texture. You should be left with a creamy non gritty texture.
- Add Salt & Pepper to season and the grated cheese. Stir and cook for 1 further minute before serving.
- Discard any remaining stock.