Chicken Jambalaya | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This fantastic chicken jambalaya is the perfect dish for when you want a meal that is both full of flavour and incredibly easy to make. The recipe has been made with Slimming World in mind but also very suitable for WW followers or someone sticking to a calorie deficit.
This colourful, delicious and easy Chicken Jambalaya recipe is thrown together in literally one pot. It’s great to serve at parties and it reheats so well. I am always looking batch cook recipes which are suitable for freezing and this one is perfect for it. It’s a bold and zesty dish packed with jambalaya flavours! You wait until you try it!!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Full of flavour
- So easy to make in just on pot
- Tasty and delicious
- Perfect for freezing
- Batch cook friendly
- Great to make a huge portion for a dinner party
- Full of speed food
- Low in calories and full of protein
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool and pop in a suitable container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Reheat it in a microwave, or in the pop into the pan with a drop of water.
- Freezer: Allow to cool completely. Freeze in batches in suitable freezer containers. Thaw before reheating. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 1 Red Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 1 Red Bell Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced into chunks]
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced into chunks]
- 3 Skinless Chicken Breast [Diced]
- 4 Syn Free Slimming World Sausages [Sliced into chunks]
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes, Canned
- 200g White Rice [Washed in Warm Water]
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 450ml Chicken Stock
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- Spritz a pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the sausage and chicken over a medium heat. Then set to one side on a plate.
- Add onion and peppers to the pan with a little stock, cook on a medium heat until softened .
- Pop the chicken and sausages back in along with cajun seasoning, garlic, thyme, salt, chopped tomatoes, lemon zest, stock and rice. Mix well and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir well and simmer for a further 5 – 10 minutes until all of the liquid has been reduced and the rice is cooked.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice, cook for a further minute and then serve.