Delicious Crustless Quiche – Slimming World Recipe
My new favourite lunch time meal.. the crustless quiche (with a Synned dollop of Salad Cream on the side of course). It is Syn Free as long as you allow for your Healthy Extra A Allowance for the cheese.. otherwise you need to Syn Accordingly per slice.
SERVINGS: 3 – 4
SYNS: ZERO (or 12 Syns for whole Quiche if not using Healthy Extra)
This quiche is full of taste and so cheesy. The great thing about it is if you don’t like some of the toppings I am using you can pick and choose and add ideas of your own… It would also work great with Cherry tomatoes, Chicken, Peppers, Mushroom etc…
I don’t have quiche dish I just used a standard baking dish and it worked just fine.. but I have now purchased one for next time.
I would highly recommend avoiding a dish with holes in however.. because there is no crust part to the quiche the mixture would seep through the holes.
200g Plain Fat Free Cottage Cheese
1 200g Tin Of Lean Ham
80g Mature Low Fat Light Cheddar Cheese (2 x HEX A or 12 Syns)
1/2 An Onion
200g Broccoli Stalks
3 Tsp Tinned Sweetcorn
Salt & Pepper
Frylight or Similar
- Preheat oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4/170c Fan Assisted
- Spritz dish with a little Frylight to avoid sticking.
- Chop the broccoli into tiny sections and add to the dish.
- Finely dice the onion and add to the dish.
- Slice the ham into thin chunks and add to the dish.
- Add the sweet corn and then place into the oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the cottage cheese, eggs and 30g of the cheese grated to a blender. Season with Salt & Pepper and then blend until completely smooth.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top with the remaining cheese grated.
- Pour over the cottage cheese/egg mixture ensuring everything is covered.
- Place into the oven for 40 – 45 Minutes checking regularly.
- Peirce with a sharp knife and push down onto the mixture.. if any liquid comes out if needs further time in the oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 – 20 minutes before devouring.
This Quiche lasted me for 2 days so it gave me 2 days worth of Healthy Extra A allowance.. please feel free to divide accordingly.. if you prefer to Syn this.. cut into 6 slices and allow 2 Syns per slice.