This recipe is such a quick and simple way of creating Syn free roast potatoes without using lots of fat or excessive Frylight. This method creates perfect potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
One of the things I miss about our roast old style dinner’s are delicious crispy fatty roast potatoes. Well look what I have discovered… a stock cube can make all the difference.
The tip is to ensure the pan is extremley hot from the oven and to give the potatoes a good bash getting them nice and fluffy after par boiling them. This will help to create the perfect roast potato.
I love to add dried Rosemary to the potatoes. Using fresh Rosemary is usually better but it’s not always easy to keep this fresh. I also always use reduced salt OXO cubes too. They retain the same taste but reduce the salt content massively.
This recipe can be created with Skin on or off. For a more rustic look try leaving the skin on like I have. Absolutely delicious!
Even my Instagram followers are loving this recipe..
Syn Free OXO Roast Potatoes
- 8 Large Potatoes, Halved (Skin on or off)
- 1 Beef Or Chicken Stock Cube
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 220c/200c Fan/Gas Mark 7.
- In a large pan bring some salted water to boil.
- Wash potatoes, place into the boiling water and par boil for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Place a pan into the oven.
- Add boiling water to an average sized mug, crumble the stock cube into the mug and stir.
- Drain the potatoes and bash about in the pan to fluff them up.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven, place the potatoes in, pour over the stock and then spritz each potato with Frylight.
- Season with salt & pepper and Rosemary.
- Place in the oven for around 30 – 40 minutes or until the stock has been fully absorbed and the potatoes are crispy.