Healthy Five Bean Chilli | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
A hearty Slimming World friendly five bean chilli is the perfect store cupboard dinner. Healthy, rich and full of flavour, it’s perfect for colder days. Serve on its own, heaped onto a baked potato, or with rice. This delicious Syn Free recipe is easy to make and comes together quickly as it uses tinned beans.
I do love to batch cook, I feel it helps to keep me on plan and I love to fill the freezer with homemade meals ready to defrost and reheat. I tend to find if there is nothing in the house I am too tempted to order a takeaway.
This delicious 5 bean chilli is the perfect winter warming, crowd pleasing dish. It is super easy to make, adaptable, and uses store cupboard ingredients, so it’s perfect for when you can’t get to the shops.
Why is this recipe so easy to make?
The secret to this five bean chilli is that it uses tinned beans. If you wanted you could start from scratch by soaking and then cooking all the different beans, but seriously who wants to waste their time with that when you can use ready made beans?
If five beans aren’t really your thing remember that chilli made with mince is Syn free too.
Related Article: Syn Free Chilli Con Carne
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Vegetarian and Vegan friendly
- Full of flavour
- Low in fat
- High in protein
- Syn Free
- Quick and easy to make
Batch Cook – Storage Information
This recipe is perfect for batch cooking because it even tastes better the longer you leave it.
- Fridge: Allow to cool before popping into an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before popping into a suitable container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost completely before reheating.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave or over the hob. Add a little water if needed.
What should I serve Five bean chilli with?
- Top a delicious baked potato with five bean chilli, grated cheese and a huge dollop of fat free natural yoghurt (or sour cream if you have the free Syns).
- Simply serve five bean chilli with your choice of rice.
- Mix five bean chilli with my syn free sweet potato wedges, topped with grated cheese.
- If carbs aren’t your thing, simply serve five bean chilli with a huge fresh green salad or roasted vegetables.
- If you have any left over five bean chilli it makes a wonderful warming soup. Whizz up in the blender and with 100ml vegetable stock. Heat in the pan for 3 – 4 minutes! It’s amazing.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely… full of protein, syn free ingredients and so filling. A great one to batch cook and enjoy for lunch too.
Syn Free Healthy Five Bean Chilli
- 395g Taco Mixed Mixed Beans in Spicy Sauce, tinned (Washed, Drained)
- 1 Large Onion (Peeled, Sliced)
- 800g Chopped Tomatoes, tinned
- 1 Red Pepper (De-seeded, sliced)
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 Garlic Clove (Crushed)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Spritz a pan with Frylight and over a medium heat cook onion, pepper and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add beans, Cumin, Chilli powder, Paprika, Smoked paprika, salt and pepper to the pan. Mix well and cook for a further minute.
- Add both tins of chopped tomatoes to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, add more salt and pepper if needed. Simmer for a further 20 – 25 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced and you are left with a rich, thick chilli.