Sweet and Sour Chicken was always my favourite dish when ordering a Chinese Takeaway.. so this is one of my favourite Fakeaway recipes. Perfect over rice and served with some Slimming World friendly chips.
Serves: 2-3 People
Syns: Syn Free
3 chicken breasts, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced (Or 2 Tsp Crushed Garlic)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp fresh ginger
1 tsp sweetener
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
4 tbsp tomato purée
200ml chicken stock
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
200g VERY finely chopped fresh pineapple
Ground black pepper
- Spray a pan with Frylight and heat. Add diced onions, peppers, garlic, chilli and ginger to the pan and heat until softened.
- Add diced chicken to the pan and heat until cooked through.
- Make up 200ml of chicken stock and add it to the mixture.
- Add vinegar, sweetener, soy sauce and tomato puree.
- Season with black pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put in your pineapple right at the last minute and stir.. this way you do not need to syn the pineapple because it will not be cooked.
Also perfect for batch cooking and storing In the freeze to reheat.
Have you created this meal? Please tag me in your photos on Instagram and you might get featured on my blog. Visit me on Instagram @fatgirlskinny__
Have you created this meal? Please tag me in your photos on Instagram and you might get featured on my blog. Visit me on Instagram… @Fatgirlskinny__
Do you need some support? Are you lacking in inspiration? Join our Facebook page to make new Slimming World friends.