If you are anything like me.. you will LOVE Chinese food 😀 I certainly do. We tried this amazing recipe tonight and it was fantastic. A new favorite in our house that is for sure. The first time was a little spicy so i have adjusted the recipe slightly. (A little spicy may be underestimating a tad haha)
Syns: 0.5 per serving.
Warmth: Spicy (reduce chillis for less heat)
For the marinade
For the sauce
– 375g beef strips (or you can use chicken, turkey or pork)
– 1 large onion (or frozen onion)
– 2 garlic cloves (or 2 tsp garlic powder/flakes)
– 1/2 tsp ground ginger
– 1 red pepper
– 3 tbsp black beans (mashed)
– 2 red chilli peppers (use 1 for a less spicy recipe)
– 4 spring onions
– 1 tbsp rice vinegar
– Fry light
– Try to marinade overnight if possible.. or as long as you can.
– Add all of the marinade ingredients to a mixing bowl.
– Add the beef and cover all of the strips allowing the marinade to soak in.
– Put the beef into a freezer bag or a covered bowl and keep in the fridge overnight or for as long as possible.
– Once you are ready to create your meal first start with the sauce.
– Add the boiling water and a stock cube into a jug to dissolve.
– Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and mix. Set this to one side until later.
– Spray your pan with fry light and brown your beef.
– Once browned remove from pan and put to one side
– Chop your spring onion, onion, chillis and pepper and add to the pan with ginger and garlic.
– Fry until softened.
– Add your rice vinegar, Black beans and beef.
– Cook on a low heat for around 3 minutes ensuring the beef is cooked.
– Add your stock sauce and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
Serve with rice 🙂 Enjoy, we certainly did!
Have you created this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram 🙂 @fatgirlskinny_sw