Best Pulled Pork has to fall apart, be oh so juicy, and be packed with flavour every time! This Slimming World friendly recipe is easy to make and Syn free.
I am thrilled to be sharing my favourite Pulled pork recipe! Served with the most perfect Syn free BBQ Sauce. I think the instant opinion of pulled pork would be that it is hugely unhealthy. But this is completely not the case using my flavoursome sugar free BBQ sauce.
What cut of meat is used for pulled pork?
The classic cut for pulled pork is a pork shoulder. I prefer a boneless roast that has been tied. Please remove all visible fat before searing the pork. This is the only way you can keep this recipe healthy and Syn free.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST PULLED PORK RECIPE?
- Syn free
- Easy to make
- Suitable for freezing
- Perfect for the whole family
- Low in sugar
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR FREEZING?
Absolutely, allow to cool and freeze in batches.
Allow to cook before reheating In the microwave or in a pan.
Store in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
DO I NEED ANYTHING SPECIAL TO CREATE THIS RECIPE?
This BBQ pulled pork is created using a slow cooker method. If you don’t have a slow cooker I can highly recommend the Morphy Richards Sear and Stew available in this stunning Black and Copper.
What is the best thing to serve pulled pork with?
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1.3kg – 2kg Pork Shoulder [With all visble fat removed at raw]
- 500g Passata
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Add Passata, Worcestershire sauce, Balsamic vinegar, Mustard powder, Sweetener, Garlic, Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Pinch Salt and Pepper to a small saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove all of the visible fat from the pork shoulder. This is not always easy, but with a sharp knife it can be managed without loosing too much of the meat.
- In a hot frying pan and a little frylight sear each side of the pork. Or if you have a saute pot as part of your slow cooker please use this.