Yummy Christmas biscuits to make with all of the family… Slimming World friendly that everyone will want to devour.
It’s that Christmas season again and as always it is full of temptation! But there really is no need to stray from plan as there is so many low Syn alternatives to keep you sweet.
The best thing about this recipe is it’s perfect to get the kids involved and they will not complain about the taste. You will need some biscuit cutters for this recipe but they do not have to be expensive.. I got mine from Amazon at just under £4. Click the photo below for the link.
The whole batch will make approx. 50 small biscuits at 2 Syns each. If you want to make smaller or larger biscuits just note that the whole batch is worth 100 Syns so of course feel free to divide accordingly.
Ensure you do not over cook the biscuits.. I actually burnt my first batch. Keep a constant eye on them in the oven as they can turn very quickly.
Delicious Christmas Biscuits
- 450 grams Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 5 Tablespoons Honey
- 100 grams Low Fat Butter Spread For Baking
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- Pinch Of Salt
- Frylight or Baking Paper
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/Gas 3 and prepare a baking tray. Either lightly grease with Frylight or use baking paper.
- Add butter into a bowl and cream with a wooden spoon or use a food processor.
- Sift flour into the bowl and then add Baking powder, Pinch of salt and Lemon juice. Continue to cream together with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs mixing as you go. Once all of the eggs are mixed in add the honey and repeat the process.
- Lightly dust your clean work surface with flour and roll out the mixture about 4mm deep.
- Use your cookie cutter until all of the usable mixture has been used. Reform the remainder and re roll, repeat etc.. until all of the mixture has been used.
- Place into the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place onto a metal wire rack to cool.