Festive Christmas Star Biscuits | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Deliciously easy to make star biscuits make the perfect Christmas treat. They are really fun to make as a family and even a lovely Christmas gift. These biscuits are a really nice treat for anyone following the Slimming World plan or a calorie controlled diet.
It’s that Christmas season again and as always it is full of temptation! But there really is no need to stray from plan as there is so many low Syn alternatives to keep you sweet.
I just love these star biscuits. They have that delicious gooey melt-in-the-mouth texture and are gently spiced for a yummy Christmassy flavour. I have been making these every year since I first joined Slimming World and they are now a much established Christmas tradition in our house.
The best thing about this recipe is it’s perfect to get the kids involved and they will not complain about the taste. They love cutting out the stars.. also sometimes we go for gingerbread men, butterflies, flowers.. well whatever we fancy at the time. Anything would work.
Do I need anything fancy to create this recipe?
You will need some biscuit cutters for this recipe but they do not have to be expensive.. I got mine from Amazon for around a fiver.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So tasty and melt in the mouth
- The kids will love helping
- Perfect Christmas gift for the neighbours
- Low in Syns and calories
- Perfect for storing and eating later
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
The whole batch will make approx. 50 small biscuits at 2 Syns each. If you want to make smaller or larger biscuits just note that the whole batch is worth 100 Syns so of course feel free to divide accordingly.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Storing: Once the biscuits have cooled completely, they should be stored in an airtight container (for example a biscuit tin or a cake tin) where they will keep for about a week.
- Freezer: I am sorry these biscuits are not suitable for freezing.
- Reheating: I am sorry these biscuits are not suitable for reheating.
Delicious Christmas Biscuits
- 450 grams Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 5 Tablespoons Honey
- 100 grams Low Fat Butter Spread For Baking
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- Pinch Of Salt
- Frylight or Baking Paper
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/Gas 3 and prepare a baking tray. Either lightly grease with Frylight or use baking paper.
- Add butter into a bowl and cream with a wooden spoon or use a food processor.
- Sift flour into the bowl and then add Baking powder, Pinch of salt and Lemon juice. Continue to cream together with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs mixing as you go. Once all of the eggs are mixed in add the honey and repeat the process.
- Lightly dust your clean work surface with flour and roll out the mixture about 4mm deep.
- Use your cookie cutter until all of the usable mixture has been used. Reform the remainder and re roll, repeat etc.. until all of the mixture has been used.
- Place into the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place onto a metal wire rack to cool.