Leek and Potato Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This delicious leek and potato soup is SO rich and velvety, you won’t believe it’s Slimming friendly without any cream. But most importantly, you won’t believe how deeply satisfying, cosy and comforting it is. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Leek and potato soup has to be one of my all-time favourite soups. It’s a creamy, comforting bowl of velvety goodness bursting with so much flavour with very minimal effort that you will crave. Once you have tried this homemade soup you will turn your nose up at any tinned version that comes your way! It truly is one of life’s greatest culinary pleasures – and now you can enjoy it even more because this healthy version is made without any cream!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Quick and easy (it can be ready and on the table in just 45 minutes)
- Thick and creamy without using heavy cream
- Perfect for the whole family
- Hearty and filling
- So full of flavour
- Syn free using Healthy Extra A
- Suitable for freezing and reheating
- A work lunch favourite
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Leek and Potato Soup
- 1 Onion [Diced]
- 300g Leek [Sliced]
- 450g Potatoes [Peeled, Diced]
- 150ml Whole Milk [Take from Healthy Extra A]
- 650ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock [Using 2 Stock Cubes]
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch Salt
- Add 100ml of the stock and onion to a pan. Simmer for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the stock, milk, leek, potatoes, pepper, lemon and salt. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until potato and leek is cooked.
- Blitz until smooth using a hand blender. Season to taste and serve.