This light and creamy broccoli, courgette and kale soup is the perfect way to make sure you are packing in plenty of veggies. Oh it’s a great way to get veggies in the kiddos too! Ready in just 35 minutes this delicious healthy soup will keep you full for longer too. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Sometimes, it’s so hard to get enough vegetables, isn’t it? All you hear from your Slimming World consultant or fellow Slimming World followers is…. “Speed food this” and “Speed food that”. It can grow tiresome BUT most vegetables aid weight loss and help to keep you fit, healthy and full for longer, reducing your chance of snacking between meals. Did I mention it is only 95 calories too? YES 95!!!
This beautiful broccoli. courgette and kale soup is not only full of flavour it’s rich and creamy without the use heavy cream! It’s also perfect for batch cooking because you will be happy to hear its suitable for freezing! YES!!
WHY IS THIS THE BEST SOUP RECIPE?
- Suitable for reheating and freezing
- Perfect to take to work
- Rich and creamy without cream!
- Healthy and full of Vitamin C
- Full of colour
- Made from speed foods
- Slimming friendly
- Low in calories
- Syn Free*
LOOKING TO TAKE SOUP TO WORK BUT DON’T HAVE ACCESS TO A MICROWAVE?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company doesn’t have the room for a microwave. So he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
IS THIS SOUP SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
Absolutely yes! Allow to cool before storing in airtight containers. Place into the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months. Defrost before reheating.
Reheat in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes or in the hob stirring until piping hot.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW!
Broccoli, Courgette and Kale Soup
- 950ml Vegetable Stock [Made with 2 Stock cubes]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Coriander
- 350g Courgette [Roughly Chopped]
- 300g Broccoli Florets [Fresh or Frozen]
- 200g Curly Kale [Roughly Chopped]
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Fat free Greek style or natural yogurt
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- Add 100ml of the vegetable stock to a pan and bring to the boil, then add the Garlic, Ginger and Coriander. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the courgettes, making sure you mix to coat the courgette in all the seasoning, and continue cooking for 3 mins. Add 300ml stock and leave to simmer for 3 mins.
- Add the broccoli, kale and lime juice with the rest of the stock. Leave to cook again for another 7-10 mins until all the vegetables are soft.
- Blitz until smooth with a hand blender and then stir in the salt, pepper and yogurt. Continue to heat for a further minute. Serve into bowls and enjoy!