Chicken Madras Recipe | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Quick and Easy Slimming friendly Chicken Madras is a deeply flavoured Indian curry that is on the table in less than 35 minutes. If you’re a curry fan and like it spicy, this dish is perfect for you. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
It is well known on this blog that I love Indian food. I really do love it! It would be one of my go to takeaways and we cook Indian influenced food at least once per week. One of the first recipes I created for this blog back in 2015 was a Chicken Tikka Masala. This was an instant hit and is still one of my most popular recipes to this day.
Even though my usual favourites are Kormas and Tikka masala, sometimes I fancy something with a little bit more of a kick. So yesterday I adapted an old recipe of mine (that uses heavy amounts of oil) and changed it into a healthy and most importantly Slimming friendly version. I present to you the most delicious Chicken Madras you will find away from the local takeaway.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Healthy alternative
- Spicy and warming
- Syn Free
- Quick and easy
- Cheap to make
- Suitable for freezing
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 6 months. Thaw before reheating.
If Chicken Madras is a little too spicy for you or not really your thing why not check out one of my other delicious curry recipes?
Everyone knows a curry is not a curry without a naan bread to mop up the sauce. Check out my Mini Naan Bread recipe.
- 1 Onion [Peeled and roughly chopped]
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ Red Chilli [Use whole chilli for the ultimate spice]
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 3 Chicken Breast [Diced]
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- In a food processor add onion, 2 garlic cloves, ginger and red chilli. Blitz in the processor until you have a paste.
- In a large pan add a good Spritz of Frylight and 4 tablespoons of water. Over a medium heat fry the paste. If it start to stick to the pan add more water.
- Add the turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, hot chilli powder and stir well. Cook for a few minutes allowing the spices to toast. Throw in the chicken breast and ensure it is full covered in the spices.
- Cook the chicken for a few minutes, adding water if anything sticks to the pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes and a big pinch of salt.
- Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until the sauce is thickened and the water has reduced.