Spiced Pumpkin Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
A Delicious Slimming friendly spiced pumpkin soup. A beautiful winter warmer perfect for all of the family and great for batch cooking too. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
As soon as the clocks go back and the dark nights set in I crave nothing but winter comfort food. Mr Fatgirlskinny and I have been slow cooking a lot of stews, soups and curry’s recently. Usually this time of year we would be jetting off somewhere hot and sunny, but no such luck! We will have to stick to comfort stodge to warm us through instead.
This is a classic, easy pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Thick and full of flavour, once you have tried it for the first time this will be the pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever!
The best thing about this soup is it’s super creamy, mostly thank’s to the pumpkin and creamy natural yoghurt. It is gently spiced but still ensuring the pumpkin taste shines through. It is so easy to make and freezes well too.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Syn free
- Freezes well
- Great for batch cooking
- The whole family will love it
- Easy to make
- Cheap to make
- Full of speed foods
- Low in fat
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- 1.5kg Pumpkin [Peeled, deseeded and cut into cubes]
- 1 Large Onion [Diced]
- 800ml Boiling Vegetable Stock
- 1 Clove Garlic [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Mustard Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 100g Fat Free Natural Yoghurt [Room temperature]
- Preheat oven to 220c/200c Fan/Gas 7..
- Place diced pumpkin onto a baking tray and coat with Frylight before placing in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add diced onion, garlic, ground cumin, mustard powder, cayenne pepper and 100ml vegetable stock to a pan covered with a lid. Over a medium heat allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add the roasted pumpkin and the rest of the vegetable stock. Allow to simmer covered for a further 15 minutes until the pumpkin is completley soft.
- Allow the soup to cool for 5 minutes and then place in to a food processor or use a hand blender. Blend until smooth and then place back into the pan.
- Over a very low heat stir in the yoghurt, simmer gently for a few minutes before serving.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Hi, I made this soup last week and it was a huge hit with everyone in my family. They were all surprised that it was slimming world friendly.
I have to make more for lunches for next week ?
I am glad the whole family enjoyed 🙂 Don’t forget to try out some of the other soups on the site x