I love a fresh Caesar salad on a hot summers day.. and it doesn’t have to be full of syns. Most of the ingredients are speedy or Syn Free.
Servings: 2-3 Portions
Syns: Syn Free
Salt & Pepper
4 Large Chicken Breasts
8 Bacon Medallions (Smoked or Unsmoked)
2 Little Gem Lettuce, Washed & Separated
10 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved (if required)
200g Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
1 Garlic Clove, Crushed (or 1 tsp Garlic powder)
1 Level tsp Mustard Powder
Juice Of 1 Lemon
** Optional 30g Parmesan cheese, grated (Healthy Extra A Allowance or 6 Syns) **
Could also add Radish, Cucumber, Red Pepper…
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat.
- Well season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and then spray with Frylight.
- Grill evenly for 7-8 minutes ensuring that they are cooked through. (or you could cook in a frying pan using Frylight)
- Slice chicken into chunky strips (as per above photo) and leave to one side.
- Slice bacon medallions into fine strips.
- Spritz a pan with Frylight and cook bacon until crisp and leave to one side.
- Add Fromage Frais, Mustard Powder, Garlic, Salt & Pepper and Lemon Juice to a bowl and whisk.
- Place Chicken, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes into a bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss together ensuring everything is covered.
- Serve salads into bowls and drizzle with the rest of the dressing.
- Cover with Parmesan if required (Just remember to use your Healthy A allowance or Syn this)
Have you created this meal? Please tag me in your photos on Instagram and you might get featured on my blog. Visit me on Instagram @fatgirlskinny__
Do you need some support? Are you lacking in inspiration? Join our Facebook page to make new Slimming World friends.