Creamy, delicious, Syn free healthy peppercorn sauce. Perfect with steak, chicken or pork and it is perfectly Slimming World friendly too.
I am rather obsessed with Peppercorn sauce, I think the obsession started when I became obsessed with rare steak! Let’s face it.. does steak “go” with anything else better than Peppercorn? (okay maybe BBQ sauce).
Don’t get me wrong… this Syn free Slimming World friendly Peppercorn sauce is not as good as your restaurant style made with full cream. BUT it is a great alternative instead of having nothing and it does compliment a steak really well!
WHY IS THIS THE BEST PEPPERCORN SAUCE RECIPE?
- Really easy to make
- Syn Free
- Slimming World friendly
- The whole family will love it
CAN I REHEAT THIS RECIPE?
Yes absolutely, this peppercorn sauce will keep in the fridge for upto 3 days. Reheat In a pan over a low heat.
It is not suitable for freezing.
SERVE YOUR STEAK AND PEPPERCORN SAUCE WITH MY DELICIOUS SYN FREE CHIPS!
Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
- ½ Small Onion (Finely Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 300ml Boiling Water
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- ½ tsp Black Peppercorns (Crushed, ground)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 200ml Fat Free Fromage Frais (Room Temperature)
- Make chicken stock using 300ml boiling water and 2 stock cubes.
- Add stock, onion and garlic to a pan, cover with a lid and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add crushed peppercorns and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes stirring often until the sauce has thickened.
- Over a very low heat, add the Fromage Frais, stirring well. Pour into a jug ready to serve.