Creamy Peppercorn Sauce | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Slimming World friendly Peppercorn Sauce is creamy, delicious, Syn free and so easy to make. It is perfect to serve with steak, chicken or pork. No one will know you have served them a healthy sauce.
I am rather obsessed with Peppercorn sauce, I think the obsession started when I became obsessed with rare steak! Let’s face it.. does steak “go” with anything else better than Peppercorn? (okay maybe BBQ sauce).
Don’t get me wrong… this Syn free Slimming World friendly Peppercorn sauce is not as good as your restaurant style made with full cream. BUT it is a great alternative instead of having nothing and it does compliment a steak really well!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So creamy
- Tasty enough to impress the whole family
- Really easy to make
- Syn Free
- Slimming World friendly
- Perfect on top of steak or chicken
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store, leave the sauce to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Perfect for reheating in the microwave or over the hob.
- Freezer: Not suitable for freezing.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
This recipe is Syn free when following the Slimming World plan. All of the ingredients are classed as Syn free so it means you can enjoy as much sauce as you want without feeling guilty.
Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
- ½ Small Onion (Finely Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 300ml Boiling Water
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- ½ tsp Black Peppercorns (Crushed, ground)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 200g Fat Free Fromage Frais (Room Temperature)
- Make chicken stock using 300ml boiling water and 2 stock cubes.
- Add stock, onion and garlic to a pan, cover with a lid and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add crushed peppercorns and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes stirring often until the sauce has thickened.
- Over a very low heat, add the Fromage Frais, stirring well. Pour into a jug ready to serve.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Is it ok to swap the fromaige frais with fat free Greek style yoghurt? Thanks
I have never tried it but you are welcome to try.
Can this be frozen ?
No sadly not