A classic creamy garlic mushroom sauce tossed with pasta to make a quick, simple and satisfying meal.This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Mushrooms are just one of those foods, either you love them or you hate them! I happen to love them! They are full of flavour and low in fat. They help to make the perfect pasta dish without too many calories. Sadly I am the only one in the house that enjoys mushrooms, but the best thing about this dish is its perfect for batch cooking. So I have plenty of portions in the freezer for another time.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST GARLIC MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPE?
- Uses real cream
- Low Syn*
- Low in fat
- Full of flavour
- Perfect for batch cooking
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
Yes store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat on the hob with a little bit of water or in the microwave.
It can also be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Garlic Mushroom Pasta
- 150g Portobello Mushrooms Finely Sliced
- 300g Chestnut or White Mushrooms Finely sliced or halved for smaller ones
- 2 Shallots [Peeled and finely diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 250g Dried Penne Pasta
- 4 Level tbsp Double Cream [Room temperature]
- Add the shallots and a pinch of salt to a pan with 100ml of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add both sets of mushrooms, garlic and another pinch of salt to the pan. Add another 100ml of boiling water and allow to simmer for 6 – 8 minutes or until most of the water has gone and the mushrooms are soft.
- Meanwhile cook the past according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside once cooked.
- Bring the mushrooms to a low heat and stir in the cream.