Delicious Syn free double cheese pasta.
Tonight was a carb kind of night #slimwithcarbs. Since the new announcement about having two Healthy Extra A’s per day I have been dying to try a super cheesy pasta dish. It was worth it too….
I would suggest using Dairylea but you could consider using Philadelphia too. I wouldn’t suggest Quark. You are welcome to add or remove vegetables as required. This would also work with a touch of spinach too (but Mr Fatgirlskinny hates it!)
This recipe is for 2 servings. The Dairylea and Cheese can be used as both Healthy Extra A’s. It not remember to add Syns.
Unfortunately this is not suitable for freezing but it would keep for 1 to 2 days in the fridge to be reheated in the microwave. Just stir in a couple of TBSP of water before heating thoroughly.
Syns: ZERO (If using Dairylea and Cheese as Healthy Extras)
- 150g Dried Pasta
- 160g Dairylea Spread, Light (Healthy Extra or 6 Syns Per serving)
- 100g Reduced 50% Less Fat Cheddar Cheese (Healthy Extra or 6 Syns Per serving)
- 1 Ham Stock Cube
- 200g Lean Tinned Ham
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Large Mushroom
- 1/4 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- Pinch Mixed Herbs
If you would prefer to use different cheese.. you can use 80g Reduced Fat Cheddar or 60g Standard Cheddar Cheese.
- Add pasta to boiling water with a pinch of salt. Simmer until soft.
- Meanwhile finely chop pepper and mushroom.
- Spritz a pan with a little Frylight and bring to a medium heat. Add pepper and mushroom.
- Add 2 inches of boiling water to a cup and add crumbled stock cube. Stir and add this to your pan. Cover with a lid and allow pepper and mushroom to simmer.
- After a few minutes add mixed herbs and garlic and re cover.
- Remove ham from it’s tin and use kitchen roll to soak up all jelly.
- Slice the ham into small chunks and add to the pan.
- After a few minutes bring to a low heat and add Dairylea. Keep stirring until it has completely melted.
- Drain pasta and add to the pan with a large pinch of salt.
- Mix until the pasta is throughly covered in sauce. If the mixture feels a little bit dry try adding a few TBSP of water.
- Remove from the heat and grate all of the cheese into the pan. Place back onto a low heat and stir until all cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy.