Pasta Alla Vodka | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This low Syns Slimming World friendly Pasta Alla Vodka is rich, creamy and absolutely delicious. Better still, it’s so quick and easy to make! This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Pasta Alla Vodka is an absolute classic and a hugely popular dish amongst Slimming World followers. There is a few different ways to make it, but today I want to show you how to make my healthy Slimming World friendly version. This dish is a quick, plush-tasting pasta dinner you’ll crave again and again.
This pasta recipe blows my mind every time I make it. Rigatoni pasta tossed in a rich, tomato-based creamy sauce, seasoned with chopped onion and chili. In other words, it’s the ultimate comfort food that tastes like a dish you would order at your favourite Italian restaurant.
What is the best pasta to use?
For this recipe I am using rigatoni because I literally love it! Penne is actually the traditional pasta to use in this dish so feel free to swap or use whatever pasta you have to hand.
What is the best vodka to use?
For this recipe it won’t make a huge difference. Here you’ll be simmering the vodka long enough for the alcohol to burn off, so the flavour of the vodka doesn’t play a huge roll. My go-to’s are usually Smirnoff or Absolute Vodka, however I have used cheaper brands in the past and the difference is minimal.
What if you don’t like vodka?
I have actually made this recipe using gin instead of vodka and it’s absolutely delicious.. so feel free to give it a go with gin too!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Full of flavour
- So easy to make
- Low in Syns
- Low in calories
- Uses store cupboard ingredients
- Perfect for reheating
- Slimming World friendly
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Pasta Alla Vodka
- 1 Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- ½ tsp Chilli Flakes
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 25 ml Vodka [Or Gin]
- 300g Rigatoni Pasta
- 5 tbsp Fat free Greek style yoghurt [Room temperature]
- ¼ tsp Dried Basil
- Frylight (Or low fat cooking spray)
- Cook pasta with a large pinch of salt as per the packet instructions. Be sure to retain the pasta water.
- Spritz a pan with a little Frylight and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir through the tomato purée and basil cook for 2 mins, then stir through the vodka and cook for 2 mins.
- Drain the pasta and keep approx 100ml of the pasta water.
- Add roughly 50ml of the water to the tomato sauce, then tip in the pasta, tossing everything together over a low heat until well coated and glossy.
- Loosen with a splash more of the cooking water if it’s a little dry
- Stir in the yoghurt over a low heat and serve.