Ginger Chicken Curry | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This ginger chicken curry is full of flavour, light, creamy and simply delicious! It is the perfect batch cook recipe and the whole family can enjoy it as you can alter the spiciness however you require. This recipe has been created with Slimming World followers in mind, but it is absolutely perfect for anyone trying to live a healthier lifestyle, following WW or a calorie deficit.
Slimming World: Syn Free
Calories: 259 Per Serving
I adore Indian food and one of my earliest memories is eating out at an Indian restaurant with my parents. Ever since then everything about Indian food has thrilled me. The taste, the smell, the textures… and what’s great now is I get to create new dishes myself and share them with my little kiddos!
I am not a huge fan of ginger, but someone gave me some ginger they had left over and instead of letting it go to waste (I hate waste) I decided to try something new. This ginger chicken curry has actually been in the back of my mind for some time now… so I had a play with ingredients over the weekend and this came about.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So creamy
- Full of flavour
- Easy to make
- Syn free
- Low in calories
- Perfect for batch cooking
- Great as part of an Indian fakeaway night
- Then chicken is so tender
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely.. the recipe uses all Syn free ingredients meaning you can fill up on this delicious recipe with no guilt!
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. This curry will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob. Add a few drops of water before reheating.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. This curry will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. Allow to defrost before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Ginger Chicken Curry
- 500g Chicken Breast [Diced]
- 30g Ginger [Grated]
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 20g Red Bird Eye Chillis [Stalks sliced off, halved]
- 1 Onion [Diced]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 150g Fat Free natural yoghurt [Room temperature]
- Pinch Salt
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Combine the chicken, ginger and 1 tsp of chilli powder in a bowl with some salt, and set aside.
- Heat the a pan over a medium heat and some low calorie cooking spray.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and chillis and fry for 7-8 mins until lightly browned. Add a little water if the mixture is sticking. [For less spice, add less chillis here]
- Mix in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika and the tomato purée. Cook for 2-3 mins until the paste has caramelised.
- Pour in the chicken stock and add the chicken.
- Simmer covered for approx. 15 – 20 minutes and the chicken is cooked.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the fat free natural yoghurt. Heat through until piping hot and serve.