I am on a massive sugar free kick at the moment so I am loving this amazing sugar free banana bread!! Unfortunately the bananas have to be synned because they are mashed and cooked 🙁 But you can easily get 10 slices out of the full batch or just divide accordingly… the whole batch is 41.5 Syns or 897 Calories.
Calories: 89 Calories Per Slice
Syns: 4 Syns Per Slice
- 125g Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 25g Melted Butter
- 25g (25ml) Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Line a bread loaf tin with grease proof paper and Spritz with a little Frylight to avoid sticking.
- Into a large bowl weigh the flour and then add baking powder and Cinnamon. Mix together with a wooden spoon. Place to one side.
- In another bowl add your peeled bananas (these need to be very very ripe i.e very dark Brown/black otherwise the recipe simply will not work). Use a potato masher or fork to mash them until they are completely purified.
- Add egg, vanilla essence, melted butter and yogurt to the egg mixture. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add the sticky banana mixture to the flour mixture and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until full combined.
- Add the mixture to your lined/greased baking tin ensuring the mixture is even all over.
- Place into the oven for 35 – 45 minutes. Slide a knife or skewer into the middle of the bread to check if it is cooked. If there is no residue it will be finished.