Sugar Free Banana Bread | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
There is nothing better than the smell of beautiful banana bread baking in the oven. In fact it is probably one of my favourite ever smells. This banana bread is sugar free, not even any added sugar. The sweetness all comes from the bananas, it really is all it needs.
Have you ever seen a grown mans eyes light up like it was Christmas Day? Well this is what my other half (and kiddos do) when I announce its banana bread day! Also this load lasts for one day at the most lol! The kiddos especially love it with a bit of butter on or as a dessert with custard (of course I do too!).
This sugar-free banana bread is moist, flavorful and so comforting! Using only a handful of easy and healthy ingredients, this delicious treat is a must-try recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Absolutely delicious in every single way
- Perfect sugar free treat
- Warming and comforting
- Makes the house smell amazing
- Quick and easy to make
- Only 4 Syns per slice
- Batch cook friendly
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
I am on a massive sugar free kick at the moment so I am loving this amazing sugar free banana bread!! Unfortunately the bananas have to be synned because they are mashed and cooked (Who made up that rubbish eh?). But you can easily get around 10 slices out of the full batch or just divide accordingly… the whole batch is 41.5 Syns or 897 Calories.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Store: This sugar free banana bread tastes best fresh out of the oven! However any leftovers can be cooled and stored in an airtight container or cake tin at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Banana bread freezes beautifully. You can freeze an entire loaf or individual slices. Wrap the bread or slices in plastic wrap and aluminium foil and freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect to enjoy the next day.
Why do bananas need to be ripe?
Many fruits are actually thrown away when they become overripe, due to the soggy and unpleasing texture. But when it comes to banana bread, it’s a matter of the riper, the better. During the ripening process, the starch in bananas gets converted to sugar. This makes for a deliciously sweet banana bread, packed with flavour.
If your bananas are still as Green as the day they were picked pop them in the oven (still in their skins) on 150c until they turn brown.
Sugar Free Banana Bread
- Bread Loaf Tin
- Greaseproof Baking Paper
- 125g Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 25g Butter [Melted]
- 25g Fat Free Natural Yoghurt [Room Temperature]
- 1 Egg
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Line a bread loaf tin with grease proof paper and Spritz with a little low carlorie cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Into a large bowl weigh the flour and then add baking powder and Cinnamon. Mix together with a wooden spoon. Place to one side.
- In another bowl add your peeled bananas (these need to be very very ripe i.e very dark Brown/black otherwise the recipe simply will not work). Use a potato masher or fork to mash them until they are completely purified.
- Add egg, vanilla essence, melted butter and yogurt to the egg mixture. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add the sticky banana mixture to the flour mixture and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until full combined.
- Add the mixture to your lined/greased baking tin ensuring the mixture is even all over.
- Place into the oven for 45 – 55 minutes. Slide a knife or skewer into the middle of the bread to check if it is cooked. If there is no residue it will be finished.