Best Ever Cream Soda Rice Pudding | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Delicious and creamy, low syn and so easy to make. This Slimming World friendly rice pudding is a winner with all of the family. Only a few simple ingredients to throw together this delicious dessert.
There are two types of people in this world… Some who like rice pudding and some are strange! Just a personal opinion there of course, but I literally adore the stuff. With Jam, Apple, Nutella, Cinnamon, Raspberries or simply on it’s own.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Many many moons ago I created this recipe before the meanies at Slimming World decided they were going to create something called a “tweak”. Before this disaster the recipe was classed as Syn free. Unfortunately that is no longer the case.
What is a tweak I hear you say?
A tweak is when you use a particular Syn free food in a way it is not meant to be consumed.
Slimming World state:
Rice puddings made up with diet drinks: Using diet soda (or any other Free liquid, including water) to make up pudding rice is a tweak as it makes bulky Free rice – intended to be eaten as part of a satisfying, Free Food packed meal – very easy to overeat between and after meals.
For this reason I would recommend allowing 2 Syns per portion.. but again I will leave that decision up to you.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Easy to make
- So creamy
- Loved by the whole family
- Only 67 calories per portion
- Low in Syns
- Smells amazing
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: This rice pudding should be allowed to cool before popping in to an airtight container. You can keep this in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Not suitable for freezing.
- Reheating: This can be reheated in the microwave.
Low Syn Cream Soda Rice Pudding
- 80g Pudding Rice
- 450ml Diet Cream Soda
- 1 Vanilla Mullerlight Yogurt [160g]
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Rinse the rice in warm water to remove all starch
- Add cream soda and cinnamon to a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice, cover with a lid and allow to simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add water if needed.
- Allow the rice to cool before mixing in the yogurt and serving.