Chocolate Rice Pudding | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Change up your standard normal rice pudding with this delicious chocolate spin on the traditional pudding. It’s rich, delicious and perfect for the whole family. This recipe is great for anyone following the Slimming World plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie deficit.
I LOVE rice pudding.. it is one of my go to evening treats. But due to the amount of carbs it is easy to over indulge on this sweet delicious goodness. I find if I overeat carbs it affects my weight loss so I would recommend having this just once or twice a month.
It’s really easy to make and loved by the whole family, I often make up a big creamy batch of this for the kids to enjoy. Also did I mention it makes the house smell divine?
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So creamy and tasty
- Rich and chocolately
- Kids love it
- Perfect for the whole family
- Low in Syns
- Great batch cook recipe
- Smells absolutely divine
- Great budget dessert
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
This recipe uses the Sweet Freedom choc shots which are extremely Slimming World friendly.. these can be found in most supermarkets usually near the jams/chocolate spreads. The cheapest place I have found this stocked is in Iceland or Home Bargains.
This recipe makes 4 portions and uses 400ml of Whole milk. This means each portion is worth 1/2 a Healthy Extra portion. If you are anything like me you will struggle to use your Healthy Extra A portions everyday so this recipe is a little bonus.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob. Never reheat rice more than once.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 1 month. Thaw before reheating.
Is it safe to reheat rice pudding?
Yes, it’s perfectly safe to reheat rice pudding. The potential danger with reheating rice lies in the way that it’s stored, not the way that it’s reheated. So, make sure you get your rice pudding in the fridge or freezer as soon as it has cooled to make sure you don’t cause yourself a stomach upset when you come to enjoy it. And the final thing to note is that you should only ever reheat rice pudding once.
Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 100g Pudding Rice
- 400ml Whole Milk
- 50ml Water
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 8 tsp Sweet Freedom Choc Shot
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Natural Yoghurt [Room temperature]
- Place the rice into a colander and using warm water you need to wash/rinse the rice. Do this until the water runs completely clear. This is to remove all of the starch from the rice. If you miss this step your rice pudding will be very stodgy.
- Pop in the milk, water and cinnamon into a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over a very low heat.
- Add the rice, sweetener and vanilla. Over a medium heat allow to simmer until most of the milk has absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add more water if needed.
- Stir though the yoghurt and Choc shot. Serve warm and enjoy.