For my lovely followers who are trying to keep up with Slimming World and take part in “Veganuary” too.. this super amazing “unofficial” recipe is for you. I find myself becoming more and more tempted by vegan food, mainly because it’s just damn tasty. When I was a teen my best friend was vegan and her mum used to make us the most amazing veggie burgers. Ever since, I have been trying to recreate the recipe.. I have almost hit the nail on the head with this recipe, it’s so tasty, filling and Syn free* using your Healthy extra B.
If you are not vegan, or have never tried a veggie burger. Please don’t be scared away by this recipe. They are perfectly tasty, low in fat and fun to make with the kiddos too.
WHY ARE THESE THE BEST PUMPKIN BLACK BEAN BURGERS?
- Easy to make
- Syn free*
- Great for lunch
ARE THEY SUITABLE FOR FREEZING?
Absolutely, allow to cool first. Use grease proof paper to place between the burgers to avoid sticking. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost first before reheating in the microwave for 2 minutes approx.
ARE THEY SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Fatgirlskinny have estimated the Syns in this recipe. Using half of your Healthy Extra B allowance for 1 burger. Devour 2 burgers and this will use your whole allowance for the day.
If you don’t wish to use your Healthy Extra B please allow 3.5 Syns per burger.
LOOKING FOR A SIDE DISH? Check out my other recipes….
Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers
- 300g Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 Small Onion [Diced]
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Salt
- 80g Porridge Oats [Dried]
- 400g Tin Black Beans [Drained, Washed]
- ¼ tsp Mustard Powder
- Handful of fresh spinach
- Preheat oven 160c/140c Fan/Gas 3. These burgers need to be cooked low and slow.
- Using a food processor throw in pumpkin puree, chilli powder, garlic cloves, mustard powder, spinach, onion, cumin, salt, oats, and 70% of the black beans. Blend together until you have a paste type mixture.
- Fold in the remaining black beans with a wooden spoon.
- Form the mixture into four large burger type patties. The mixture will be soft, so use wet hands it will help to keep the mixture from sticking while you form the burgers.
- Place baking paper or grease a baking tray. Place the bugers onto the tray and into the oven for 40 – 45 minutes. Turning half way. Cook until Golden brown or until the burgers start to crack.