CHICKEN MUSHROOM TAGLIATELLE ALFREDO | HEALTHY SLIMMING RECIPE
A quick, easy and simple Slimming friendly Chicken Mushroom Alfredo – Delicious tender pasta loaded with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and irresistibly delicious homemade low fat Alfredo sauce. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
When I am looking for a new recipe to create that MrFatgirlskinny will also devour, a creamy pasta dish is always a good shout. This recipe is perfect for all of the family and it is very quick and easy to make.
The hardest part when creating this recipe was keeping the creamy taste without using full fat cream. But replacing with creamy cheese from your Healthy Extra A allowance has done the job. Its simply delicious!
IS THIS DISH SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
This will store in the fridge in an air tight container for upto 3 days before reheating. Just remember to allow it to fully cool before placing in the fridge.
It is suitable for freezing up to 1 month.
If this pasta doesn’t wet your appetite we have many more delicious pasta recipes to try.
Is This Recipe SYN FREE on Slimming World?
Absolutely!! Even though this recipe has not been verified by Slimming World we estimate it to be Syn Free. This recipe uses two Healthy Extra A allowances but it is for TWO servings. So allow just ONE Healthy Extra allowance per serving.
Chicken Mushroom Tagliatelle Alfredo
- 100 g Tagliatelle Pasta Dried
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 300 g Chicken Breast (Diced)
- 6 The Laughing Cow Extra Light Triangles, Original
- 30 g Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 150 g Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Small Onion (Finely Diced)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Crushed)
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Powder
- 150 ml Boiling Water
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions with a crushed Chicken Stock cube.
- Spritz a pan with a little frylight, bring to a medium heat, add Garlic and Onion and cook for a few minutes until starting to soften.
- Add Chicken and Mushrooms and cook for a further few minutes whilst you make the stock with 1 Chicken Stock cube and 150ml of boiling water in a jug.
- Bring your pan to a low heat and add the Laughing Cow Cheese triangles, Oregano, Mustard Powder and a Large Pinch of Salt. Stir thoroughy ensuring everything is covered in the cheese. Now add the Chicken Stock, stir again and allow to simmer on a low heat stiring often until thickened and everything is cooked.
- If the sauce starts to dry or stick before everyting is cooked, take a spoonful of the pasta water and stir in.
- Once the sauce is thickened it's time to add the pasta. But we do not want to drain it. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the pasta bit by bit adding it to your chicken and sauce. Stir in ensuring everything is well coated.
- Season with Black Pepper and serve onto warmed plates.
- Cover with grated Parmasan Cheese and Enjoy.