Delicious naughty French fry chips, healthy and Syn free on Slimming World.
So, you have started following Slimming World and all you are hearing about is these delicious Syn Free chips!! Believe it or not they are the staple to my diet each week. I simply could not live without them.
They are fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside and taste as good as fried chips without the extra fat! I recommend using a floury potato such as Maris Piper or King Edwards for the perfect chip.
When I first began with Slimming World my chips would look oddly shaped and not fluffy enough! I couldn’t understand how everyone else’s Slimming World chips looked like naughty pub style chips!! But then I discovered my “chipper”… it makes creating chips so much easier with minimal effort.
Don’t be scared of the price.. I promise it will become your next best friend!
The recipe below is using the oven to bake your chips but you are welcome to cook them in an Actifry air fryer instead.
Are you looking for a recipe to pair these chips with? Check out one of these delicious bad boys…
Syn Free Chips
- 4 Large Floury Potatoes
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Peel and slice potatoes into chip like chunks.
- Wash the potatoes and then leave to soak in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a clean tea towel or kitchen roll.
- Spritz a baking tray with Frylight to prevent sticking.
- Place chips onto the baking tray and into the oven for 15 minutess.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt & pepper and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until crispy golden brown.