Healthy Chunky Chips | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Gorgeous homemade chunky chips that can be eaten alone, as a side, or topped with any number of other foodstuffs! Delicious naughty chips that are healthy and Syn free when following the Slimming World plan.
I know what you are thinking… have you gone mad, lazy or crazy? A recipe for chips!! Who doesn’t know how to cook chips right? WRONG!!! One of the most popular searches on google is “Slimming World Chips recipe” so it looks like not everyone knows how to cook them yet….
When I joined Slimming World all of those many moons ago, all I heard about was Slimming World chips! They are a pretty important staple to the diet.. so let’s learn how to cook them.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside
- Taste amazing
- The perfect side for many recipes
- Quick and easy to make
- Low in fat
Chip making tools….
When I first began with Slimming World my chips would look oddly shaped and not fluffy enough! I couldn’t understand how everyone else’s Slimming World chips looked like naughty pub style chips!! But then I discovered my “chipper”… it makes creating chips so much easier with minimal effort.
Don’t be scared of the price.. I promise it will become your next best friend!
Are you looking for a recipe to pair these chips with? Check out one of these delicious bad boys…
Chip making tips….
- The choice of potato is important for a good chip. I always use a floury potato as they have a soft, dry texture making them perfect for creating chips. I recommend King Edwards Russet or Maris Pipers.
- Always soak your potatoes in cold salted water for at least 1 hour before boiling.
- Use plenty of seasoning.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Not suitable for storing in the fridge.
- Reheat: Follow the cooking instructions in the recipe below.
- Freezer: These can be frozen before cooking. Follow until step 4 below. Then spray with Frylight and place onto parchment paper with a 2 cm gap between each. Allow to defrost and then cook as per the recipe.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
This recipe uses all Syn free ingredients, therefore this recipe has been classed as Syn free by our team.
Syn Free Chips
- 4 Large Floury Potatoes
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Peel and slice potatoes into chip like chunks.
- Wash the potatoes and then leave to soak in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a clean tea towel or kitchen roll.
- Spritz a baking tray with Frylight to prevent sticking.
- Place chips onto the baking tray and into the oven for 15 minutess.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt & pepper and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until crispy golden brown.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Do you cut the potatoes into chips before or after boiling them?
You cut them before 🙂
How many can you have of them ?
You can eat Syn free food until full 🙂
Where does it say to boil the potatoes?
No need to boil 🙂