Spaghetti Carbonara | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Dig in your fork & twirl around the spaghetti, before tucking in to this deliciously creamy & rich Spaghetti Carbonara. The perfect quick and easy pasta dish to throw together on a weeknight. This recipe is perfect for anyone who is following the Slimming World plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
If there is one dish that is guaranteed to get everyone in this house to clear their plates, it’s Carbonara. The boys will chomp bowls full of this fresh creamy pasta quite happily and I can enjoy it with them since it’s 100% on plan.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It is so creamy
- Full of flavour
- Really quick and easy to throw together
- Perfect for a weeknight
- Great for batch cooking
- The whole family will love it
- Syn free on the Slimming World plan
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store, leave the carbonara to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Perfect for reheating in the microwave or over the hob.
- Freezer: This can be frozen for up to 3 months. Allow to cool, store in a suitable container and remember to thaw before reheating.
- 250g Dried Spaghetti
- 1 Small Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 6 Bacon Medallions [Roughly Chopped]
- 200g Tinned Lean Ham [Cubed]
- 4 Button Mushrooms [Finely Diced]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 170g Soft Light Cheese [Room temperature]
- Salt and Pepper [To Season]
- 90g Parmesan Cheese [Grated]
- Cook spaghetti in a pan of salted boiling water as per instructions.
- Using a pan over a medium heat, spritz with you choice of low calorie cooking spray. Cook the onion for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add ham, mushrooms and garlic. Add a small amount of water if sticking.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes over a low heat.
- Stir in the soft cheese bit by bit over a low heat. Stirring continuously.
- Using tongs, put the cooked spaghetti into the pan. [Do not drain, as the pasta water helps to make a creamy sauce]
- Keep stirring until everything is cooked and coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in dishes and top with parmesan.