Chinese Crispy Kale Seaweed | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Crispy seaweed is a delicious Asian side dish that is actually made from kale! Try this low calorie delicious recipe when you are throwing together a Slimming friendly Chinese Fakeaway. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
I absolutely adore Crispy “Seaweed” as part of one of those delicious little starter selections at the Chinese.. Pass me the Prawn toast, Spring rolls, Crispy seaweed and I’m a happy girl! But did you know that many people are actually put off by this dish because they think it’s actually made from Seaweed? I promise you it really isn’t! The majority of Chinese restaurants make this dish from either Cabbage or Kale. Today I am bringing you a delicious healthy version made from Kale to add to your Fakeaway night!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Easy to make
- Cheap ingredients
- The whole family will love it
- Speed food
- Perfect addition to a Fakeaway night
- Crispy and tasty
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: This dish is best eaten fresh. Therefore it is not suitable for storing. .
- Freezer: This dish is best eaten fresh. Therefore it is not suitable for freezing.
Creating a Chinese fakeaway night?
You 100% need some more recipes to throw together the perfect Chinese Fakeaway night! Check out some of my favourites below…
- Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Orange Chicken
- Mild Chicken Curry
- Beef in Black Bean Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
Chinese Crispy Kale Seaweed
- 200g Curly Kale [Washed, thinly shredded]
- ½ tsp Granulated Sweetener
- Pinch Chinese Five Spice Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Frylight [or 1 tsp Synned Olive oil]
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds [Optional, Add 3 Syns per serving]
- Pre heat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas 6
- Add kale, salt, spice and sweetener to a bowl. Add a good amount of Frylight and using you hands mix everything together making sure the kale is fully covered.
- Lay the kale out on a baking tray and spritz with some more Frylight.
- [Optional: If you are adding Sesame Seeds you would sprinkle them over here. Don't forget to allow 3 Syns per serving]
- Place into the oven for 5 – 6 minutes, shaking half way through.