Spicy No Browning Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Syn Free low calorie slow cooker chilli con carne recipe is super tasty, spicy, quick to prepare and perfect for a mid-week dinner, or for batch cooking and saving for later! The perfect recipe for anyone who is following a calorie controlled plan, Slimming World or Weight Watchers.
Chilli con Carne is a familiar family friendly dish and this one is perfect for a lover of the slow cooker. If you are new to slow cooking it is perfect for you too as its a quick, easy and simple dish. It can be quickly thrown together whilst still packing a punch on the flavour.
The thing I love about is chilli is it’s an amazing batch cook recipe. I love to save portions for later on in the week to top a baked potato or even microwave for lunch.
I love a minimal prep recipe like this. Simply put all of your ingredients in your slow cooker, give it a stir, switch on, and tuck in hours later! The worse bit about slow cooking is smelling it all day, it really makes me starving!
Why is this the best spicy slow cooker chilli con carne recipe?
- Smells amazing
- Perfect for batch cooking
- The whole family will love it
- Syn free
- Low in calories
- Great on a budget
- Minimal prep
- No browning required
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months, allowing to thaw before reheating in the microwave.
Can you put raw mince in your slow cooker? Do I need to brown it first?
No need to brown the mince. Mix the raw mince in with the other ingredients, switch on the slow cooker, and I guarantee you will have beautiful tender mince at the end of cooking. I almost never bother browning mince for slow cooker recipes. But if this is your intention you must use 5% fat mince, otherwise your chilli con carne will be swimming in oil.
Chilli Con Carne serving suggestions….
- Tortilla Chips
- Baked potato
Spicy Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
- Slow Cooker
- 500g 5% Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Onion [Diced]
- 1 Red Pepper [Finely Sliced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Red Chilli [De seeded, finely sliced]
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 150ml Beef Stock
- 400g Tin Kidney Beans [Drained]
- Literally throw everything into the slow cooker and combine with a large spoon.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid for the last hour of cooking to thicken the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy