Easy Homemade Hummus | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
You say Hummus, I say Houmous, John down the road says Humous…. which one is it? Aaargghh! Anyway this is the perfect healthy Slimming friendly snack and dip to keep hunger locked away. Delicious with raw vegetables or spread across a tasty crispbread. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
I am slightly ashamed to admit that until a week ago I had NEVER tried hummus! Honestly I had never particularly liked the look of it. Thankfully though during the festive period I was lucky enough to experience it for the first time… Admittedly it was spread over nachos and full of olive oil… BUT everything can be made Slimming friendly with a little imagination right?
I went to work and discovered that 99% of hummus recipes are made with lemon juice but after giving my first batch a go I found the lemon to make the recipe too bitter… so after a little trial and effort I have introduced some lime juice and smoked paprika to give the hummus an extra kick.
Will you need anything fancy to create this recipe?
Fancy no.. but you will require some kind of blender or food processor. However it is very quick and easy to make with minimal mess.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for snacking
- Amazing dip for raw veggies
- The kids will love it too
- Great lunch box addition
- Suitable for storing in the fridge
- Suitable for freezing
- Batch cook friendly
- Syn Free on the Slimming World plan
- So tasty and creamy
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Store in small batches in a suitable container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temp for 4 -6. hours or overnight in the fridge before consuming.
- Blender/Food Processor
- 400 G Tinned Chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Granules
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsp Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Pinch Salt
- Drain and wash chickpeas. Place into the blender.
- Also add Garlic, half of the lime juice, smoked paprika, yogurt, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Blitz in blender until smooth. Taste and season/add more lime juice if required.
- Serve or store in the fridge for up to 2 – 3 days in an airtight container.