This delicious Creamy Mushroom Sauce is great served with just about anything – steaks, meatballs, chicken, pork, vegetables, pasta and potatoes. It is quick and easy to prepare and completely delicious.
If you are a huge lover of mushrooms like myself, this recipe is for you. The best thing about it is it’s Syn free and very low in fat. It’s also quick to prepare and the whole meal is complete within 30 minutes.
If you prefer to use frozen mushrooms they would work fine too.. but add a few minutes to your cooking time as they will take a little longer to cook.
2 Large Skinless Chicken Breasts
5 or 6 Large Mushrooms
150ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
2 TBSP Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1/2 Small Red Onion
1 Garlic Clove
1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas 4.
- Wrap each chicken breast loosely in foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.. remove foil and cook for a further 5 minutes without foil.
- Meanwhile slice mushrooms and very finely dice onion and add to a pan with a little Frylight.
- Cook for a few minutes until they have softened.
- Add stock, crushed Garlic clove and Worcestershire sauce to the pan, cover with a lid and allow to simmer until the stock has almost reduced and the onion is soft.
- Reduce the heat and add the yogurt with salt & pepper. Mix well and then serve with your cooked chicken.