Chicken With Creamy Mushroom Sauce | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This tasty Slimming World friendly Creamy Mushroom Sauce is great served with just about anything – steaks, meatballs, chicken, pork, vegetables, pasta and potatoes. It is quite easy to prepare and completely delicious.
If you are a huge lover of mushrooms like myself, this recipe is for you. The best thing about it is it’s Syn free and very low in fat. It’s also quick to prepare and the whole meal is complete within 30 minutes.
It would be absolutely fine to use frozen mushrooms in this recipe, but allow a few minutes extra in cooking time.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Easy to make
- Syn Free
- Full of speed food
- Perfect for dinner parties
- Also perfect with steak
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: The sauce part could be made the day before and stored in the fridge to save time. Would keep for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Chicken With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 2 Large Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 Large Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 150ml Boiling Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Greek style or natural yoghurt (At room temp)
- ½ Small Red Onion (Diced)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Wrap each chicken breast loosely in foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.. remove foil and cook for a further 5 minutes without foil.
- Meanwhile slice mushrooms and very finely dice onion and add to a pan with a little Frylight. Sauté for a few minutes over a high heat.
- Add stock, crushed Garlic clove and Worcestershire sauce to the pan, cover with a lid and allow to simmer until the stock has almost reduced and the onion is soft.
- Reduce the heat and add the yogurt with salt & pepper. Mix well and then serve with your cooked chicken.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Looks and sounds delicious, will definitely be making this one?
Will be trying this tonight 100% love mushrooms
And Syn Free 🙂 got to love it
Thank you – I wanted to make this tonight but didn’t have any Worcester sauce – swapped it for small amount of marmite – my hubby very fussy with sauces but he commented on how nice this was
Just done this recipe but used reduced fat cheese spread as I had no yogurt to had very yummy
Always nice to try new things as long as you Syn accordingly 🙂
Just made this with pork loin steaks. Amazing! I accidentally turned the heat up instead of off at the end so it curdled. Still tasted great lol