Sticky BBQ Diet Cola Chicken | Slimming World Recipe
Wow.. I am so sorry I haven’t created or posted any new recipes lately.. I have been so busy! We are currently ripping our bedroom apart and re decorating.. the house is a complete mess. The last thing I am thinking about at the moment is cooking. But I did throw together one of my favourites today so I thought I would share.
- Preheat oven to 200c/Gas mark 6.
- Trim any visible fat from the chicken. This is very important to make this recipe Syn free.
- Spray a casserole dish or pan with Frylight. Place chicken into the pan, sprinkle with a little salt and spray again with Frylight.
- Place the chicken into the oven for around 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile pour the Diet Cola into a pan and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer on a medium heat for 5 -6 minutes.
- Add the Passata, Paprika, Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Keep stirring the mixture over a medium heat until it starts to reduce and thicken.
- By the time the chicken is cooked you should have a sticky mixture of BBQ sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and pour over the sauce.. making sure the chicken pieces are covered in the mixture.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile clean your Frying pan and spritz with a little Frylight.
- After 10 minutes.. heat the pan over a medium heat.. remove the chicken from the oven and pour the entire contents into the frying pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes turning occasionally.
This is perfect served with Slimming World Chips, Dirty Rice or a Salad.
Recipe Created by Fatgirlskinny. Please do not use or recreate this recipe without prior permission.