This American recipe is a great way of using up any left over lean mince you have or a fab alternative to a burger. It works best with Turkey mince due to the low fat content but you can also use lean beef mince.
I usually like to Syn a large crusty white roll but you can easily use your Healthy Extra B allowance on a wholemeal roll or sandwich thin.
Servings: 2-3 Servings
Syns: Syn Free
250g Lean 2% Fat Turkey Mince (or Lean 5% Fat Beef Mince)
1 Small White Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Tsp Sweetener
1 Tsp Garlic Powder (Or 1 Garlic Clover)
1 Tsp Paprila
1 Tsp Hot Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Mustard Powder
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- De-seed Jalapeno Pepper and Red Pepper. Chop finely.
- Remove skin from onion and chop finely.
- Spritz a non stick pan with a little Frylight. Add onion, Red Pepper, Jalapeno Pepper, Garlic, Paprika, Chilli Powder and Mustard Powder to the pan and cook until softened.
- Add Turkey Mince and cook until browned.
- Add Pasata, Worcestershire Sauce, Tomato Puree and Sweetener to the pan.
- Cover with a lid and allow to simmer until most of the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Serve in a roll with a speedy salad and Syn Free Chips.
Recipe Created by [email protected] Please do not use or recreate this recipe without prior permission.
Have you created this meal? Please tag me in your photos on Instagram and you might get featured on my blog. Visit me on Instagram @fatgirlskinny__
Do you need some support? Are you lacking in inspiration? Join our Facebook page to make new Slimming World friends.