We loooove our chilli’s, but Hubby fancied trying our usual recipe using strips of beef to try and copy his favourite Mexican meal of “Chile Rojo” Thankfully it is not quite as hot as that 🙂 The spices are based on a mild recipe so if you fancy it a bit hotter just had a bit more hot chilli powder :).
All syn free… add as much rice as you feel you need.. hubby and i usually have approx 80g each for a hearty serving. This chilli recipe serves 3-4 people.
– Approx 500g Frying steak (We literally use the cheapest tesco everyday value as it works just fine)
– 2 peppers (we tend to use a red and a yellow)
– 1 onion
– 1 tin of kidney beans
– 2 tsp Paprika
– 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
– 1 tsp Hot Chilli powder
– 1 Beef stock cube
– 2 tsp Garlic flakes (OR 1 Clove garlic)
– 1 tin Chopped tomatoes (we like the ones with chilli in for an extra kick)
– 250g passata
– Rice to serve
- Heat a frying pan with a few spritz’s of frylight.
- Finely chop peppers and onion and fry until soft.
- Meanwhile use a knife (or i prefer to use sharp kitchen scissors) to cut the steak into very tiny strips, add this to the pan and fry for a few minutes.
- Add all spices, mix together and then add the chopped tomatoes. Allow to simmer for 2 or 3 minutes before adding the passata.
- Simmer (do not boil) on a low heat for 15 – 20 minutes and serve over rice.
Have you created this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram 🙂 @fatgirlskinny_sw