I looove onion rings and so does my husband. We were both craving them so we came up with a pretty good syn free alternative. Perfect with a nice bit of steak and slimming world chips and all completely SYN FREE!!
- 1 or 2 onions depending on how many rings you want.
- 30g approx of Smash powder**
- A pinch of basil, salt, and pepper
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1 egg beaten
- Slice the onion to create hoops.
- Heat a frying pan and coat with a little fry light. Fry the onions until slightly soft.
- Add the basil, salt, pepper, paprika and beaten egg to the smash powder and mix together.
- Coat each onion ring in the mixture and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven on 190c for around 20 – 25 minutes or until golden.
**The use of the smash as syn free seems debatable all over the slimming world community 🙂 I personally consider the small amount of 30g smash as syn free. But some consultants class this as a tweak. Please check with your consultant if you are unsure**
Have you created this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram 🙂 @fatgirlskinny_sw