These breaded chicken strips are literally life changing! The secret to crunchy golden chicken is to toast the bread first before turning into breadcrumbs. The whole family will love this recipe and it’s fun to make too. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
These delicious breaded chicken strips can be baked in the oven or popped in the air fryer. They are soft and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Chicken perfection the whole family will enjoy. The fatgirlskinny.net team has estimated that these breaded chicken strips would be Syn Free whilst using your Healthy Extra B portion.
WHY ARE THESE THE BEST BREADED CHICKEN STRIPS?
- Delicious and golden
- Cripsy and tender
- Kids will love them
- Slimming World friendly
- Syn free when using Healthy Extra B*
- Easy to make
- Healthy alternative
- Low in fat
- Can be baked or cooked in the air fryer
CAN THEY BE STORED IN THE FREEZER?
Yes, no problem! Allow to cool, separate with greaseproof paper and place into an suitable container. Keep in the freezer for 1 month. Defrost before reheating.
CAN THEY BE STORED IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
Yes, of course. Allow to cool before placing into a suitable container. Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Also they taste amazing cold… perfect lunch box treat!
ARE THEY SLIMMING FRIENDLY?
If you are following the Slimming World plan this recipe which serves 2 uses 6 slices of crust free wholemeal bread. This would cover portions of Healthy Extra B. Meaning this recipe is as estimated to be Syn Free per serving.
If you are not using Healthy Extra you should allow 6 Syns* per serving.
LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT SIDE DISH?
There are some excellent serving ideas to compliment these delicious golden chicken strips. Check out some of my recipes below.
Breaded Chicken Strips
- Airfryer [Optional]
- Food Processor
- 2 Large Skinless Chicken Breasts [Sliced into 6/8 Strips]
- 6 Slices Kingsmill No Crusts Wholemeal Bread
- 2 Eggs [Beaten in large dish]
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Frylight/Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- [Oven Option] Preheat oven to 200c/180c/Gas 6. Sprtiz a baking tray with Frylight or line with grease proof paper.
- [Airfryer Option] Remove the blade from the air fryer.
- Toast the bread until slightly golden, then blitz to bread crumbs in a processor.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a large bowl and add garlic, mustard powder, paprika, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper. Give everything a good mix with a metal spoon.
- Now for the messy part. Dip each chicken strip into the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs ensuring all of the chicken is well coated.
- [Oven Option] Lay each strip on the baking tray and then generously cover with Frylight. Bake for around 20 – 25 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- [Airfryer Option] Lay each strip into the airfryer and then generously cover with Frylight. Cook for around 15 – 20 minutes or until crispy and golden.