Delicious potato chip crisps create the perfect crunchy salty low syn coating for chicken strips. Loved by all the family and really easy to create.
I am constantly on the look out for new ways to coat my chicken without breaking the Syn allowance. I saw a similar recipe to this on a cooking programme last week so I thought I would try to create something Slimming World friendly and I think I have come up with the perfect recipe with a bit of crunch.
The best thing about this recipe is that the chicken stays nice and juicy inside whilst the crisps create a delicious salty crispy coating. We used just 1 bag of Walkers baked crisps which are 5.5 Syns making this recipe officially 2.75 Syns per serving but lets call it 2.5!!
I have used chicken breast for this recipe but it would also work with chicken thighs. You may just need to adjust the cooking time by a few minutes less. Also I have used the Ready salted Walkers crisps but fill ya boots and change it up.. I think this would be very interesting with Salt and Vinegar too 🙂
WHY IS THIS THE BEST CRISPY CHICKEN?
- Low in fat
- A healthier option
- Quick and easy to make
- Full of flavour
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR FREEZING?
Absolutely, allow to cook and store in a freezer bag for up to 1 month. Defrost before reheating in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
If this doesn’t sound like your kind of thing, try one of our other coated chicken recipes.
Crispy Coated Chicken Strips
- 2 Small Chicken Breasts
- 1 Bag Of Ready Salted Walkers Baked Crisps 25g
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Frylight Or Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 180c/200c Fan/Gas mark 6.
- Slice chicken breasts into 6 strips.
- Place crisps into a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add Paprika, Garlic, Onion Powder, Mustard Powder and Black Pepper into the bag and shake well.
- Crack egg into a small bowl and beat with a whisk.
- Spritz a baking tray with Frylight to avoid the chicken sticking.
- Pour crisp mixture on to a flat plate.
- Coat first strip of chicken in egg, roll in the crisp mixture ensuring it is fully coated and then place on the baking tray. Repeat with each chicken strip.
- Spray all of the chicken with Frylight and then place into the oven for 18 – 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- Serve with delicious Syn free chips or a speedy salad.
Have you created this recipe?
If so I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to let me know how it went in the comments below and even better if you have photos
please tag me on social media.
You can follow me on: