Made with simple ingredients, this easy and quick to make homemade vegetarian Tomato Orzo Soup is a delicious, hearty and healthy meal. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
There’s something so soothing about making a hot pot of soup on a cold stormy day. I write this as hailstones hit my living room window! One minute it feels like spring is here, and the next minute the sky opens and gives us everything it has. This delicious soup makes the perfect lunch time meal and the best thing is it can be made in batches and reheated on another day.
WHY IS THIS SOUP THE BEST?
- Full of flavour
- Syn Free*
- Low in calories
- Perfect for reheating
IS THIS SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container. Place in the fridge for up to 5 days and the freezer for 2 months. Defrost before reheating in the microwave or on the hob.
IS THIS RECIPE SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Remember none of my recipes have been verified by Slimming World themselves but since all of the ingredients are Syn Free this soup has been estimated by me to be Syn Free.
MORE DELICIOUS SOUP RECIPES
- Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup
- Leek and Potato Soup
- Cheese and Broccoli Soup
- Roasted Carrot Soup
- Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Orzo and Tomato Soup
- 1 Large Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 400g Can, Chopped Tomatoes
- 200g Orzo Pasta, Dried
- 800ml Vegetable Stock
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- Pinch Salt
- Frylight/Low fat cooking spray
- Spritz a pan with Frylight and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, stock, basil, salt and pasta. Bring to the boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes or until the pasta is soft and soup has thickened. If you prefer a thicker soup reduce further by simmering for longer.
- Serve and enjoy.