Orzo And Tomato Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Made with simple ingredients, this Syn free easy and quick to make homemade vegetarian Tomato Orzo Soup is a delicious, hearty and healthy meal. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
There’s something so soothing about making a hot pot of soup on a cold stormy day. I write this as hailstones hit my living room window! One minute it feels like spring is here, and the next minute the sky opens and gives us everything it has. This delicious soup makes the perfect lunch time meal and the best thing is it can be made in batches and reheated on another day.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Full of flavour
- Syn Free
- Low in calories
- Perfect for reheating
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
If you like this recipe… you are sure to like these ones too:
- Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup
- Leek and Potato Soup
- Cheese and Broccoli Soup
- Roasted Carrot Soup
- Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Orzo and Tomato Soup
- 1 Large Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 400g Can, Chopped Tomatoes
- 200g Orzo Pasta, Dried
- 800ml Vegetable Stock
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- Pinch Salt
- Frylight/Low fat cooking spray
- Spritz a pan with Frylight and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, stock, basil, salt and pasta. Bring to the boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes or until the pasta is soft and soup has thickened. If you prefer a thicker soup reduce further by simmering for longer.
- Serve and enjoy.