Today I want to tell you how to make a mega cheap and really quick Chilli Con Carne. This is one of m favourite meals. We serve this up at least once per week but usually change what we serve it with. It is perfect served over Rice, Syn Free chips, over a baked potato, cauliflower rice or just with some speedy vegetables.
Calories: 376 Per Serving
This is to make a mild Chilli.. if you like it a little hotter just double the amount of Hot chilli powder.
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 80g Frozen Onion (or 1/2 An Onion)
- 200g 5% Fat Frozen Lean Beef Mince (Or Fresh)
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 400g Kidney Beans
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder (or 1/2 Clove of Garlic)
- 1/2 Tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika (Smoked or Unsmoked)
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Finely chop the two peppers (and onion if you are not using frozen).
- Spritz a pan with a little Frylight and add peppers, onion, mince and kidney beans. Cook for a few minutes.
- Make up Stock cube with 250ml boiling water.
- Add Garlic powder, Hot Chilli powder, Paprika, Salt and Cayenne Pepper and mix together thoroughly.
- Add stock and chopped tomatoes.
- Place on a medium heat, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionaly.
- Remove the lid, turn up the heat slightly and start to reduce the liquid. Stir often and cook until liquid has completely reduced and the peppers are soft.
- Serve over your choice of side.