This quick and easy rich chocolate mousse is light, fluffy and so simple to make. It uses just 3 ingredients and perfect for anyone following the Slimming World plan.
This delicious chocolate mousse is so rich and full of flavour. The best bit about it is the secret ingredient.. fat free greek style yoghurt. This makes it lower in fat, calories and above all else Syns. They will be loved by the whole family and no one will know you are serving them a Slimming World friendly recipe.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST CHOCOLATE MOUSSE?
- Light and fluffy
- Low in Syns
- The kids will love it too
- Sweet and naughty
- Keeps in the fridge
DOES THIS CHOCOLATE MOUSSE KEEP IN THE FRIDGE?
Absolutely, simply cover with clingfilm and keep these in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to separate an egg?
There are many many old fashioned ways to separate an egg… of course they are all perfectly useful. But I am a lazy cook and I love to recommend amazing gadgets for the kitchen. (I have far too many of them)
This quick and simple egg separator from Amazon is an absolute must for the kitchen!!
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE, SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Low Syn Rich Chocolate Mousse
- 6 x Ramekins or Jars
- 100g Plain Dark Chocolate
- 4 Large Eggs (Whites only)
- 70ml Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt [Room Temp]
- First we melt the chocolate in one of two ways. Either microwave stirring occasionally until liquid or bring a pan of water to the boil, place a bowl over the top and melt the chocolate. Place to one side allowing to cool slightly.
- Separate your eggs and place the whites into a large clean bowl. Whisk the whites to medium-stiff peaks. This will be much easier using an electric hand whisk.
- Stir the yogurt into the melted chocolate until combined.
- Using a large metal spoon or spatula slowly fold in the egg whites slowly a bit at a time until all is combined.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins and place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill. Serve with a sploge of greek yogurt to garnish.