Chicken And Broccoli Pasta Bake | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This cozy winter warmer will feed the whole family on a budget whilst keeping on plan. Chicken and broccoli pasta bake is delicious, quick to make and filling. This recipe has been created with Slimming World in mind but is also suitable for anyone following Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled plan.
For me a family meal that is well-balanced with lean protein and veggies is important. Randomly, I threw this delicious filling chicken and broccoli pasta bake together a few weeks ago. I used ingredients that I already had in my fridge and the family went crazy for it. It’s made with real ingredients plus it’s really simple to put together.
This Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake is the ideal meal when you’re short on time but want to enjoy a warm and comforting meal. Packed with flavour and a great way to get some veggies into those kiddos too!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Delicious and full of flavour
- Quick and easy to put together
- A great batch cook recipe
- Perfect when following the Slimming World plan
- Great on a budget
- The ingredients are readily available
- Can be prepared the day before
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store, leave the pasta bake to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Perfect for reheating in the microwave.
- Freezer: This can be frozen for upto 3 months. Store in a suitable container and remember to thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Whilst this recipe does require using some of your Syns it is absolutely worth it!! Just 2 Syns and 1 Healthy Extra A per serving.
If you love this recipe you might also like these other pasta bake recipes…
Chicken and broccoli pasta bake
- 350g Dried Pasta
- 200g Broccoli [cut into very small florets and the stems thinly sliced]
- 400g Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 350ml Chicken Stock [Boiling]
- 100g Lighter Soft Cheese [At room temp]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 Onion [Peeled, finely diced]
- 50g Quark [At room temp]
- 160g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese [Grated]
- Salt and Pepper [To taste]
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c/Gas 6.
- Bring a large pot of pasta to a boil, salt it generously and cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the broccoli florets to the pasta water for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking.
- Brown the chicken in a large pan over a medium heat using a low calorie cooking spray.
- Add a few tbsp of chicken stock onion and garlic. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the rest of the stock and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the soft cheese and quark and stir constantly until everything is melted and you have a smooth sauce.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, add to the pan. Stir and ensure everything is coated. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Transfer everything into a baking dish. Top with grated cheese and pop into the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.