Almost 3 years ago (whilst living the Sunny lifestyle in Lanzarote) I decided to make Chicken Fajitas for the first time ever.. and my husband protested greatly… I think his words were “Oh i don’t want them… you know i hate peppers and stuff why would i like them?”…. I ignored him and made them anyway and now it’s his very favourite meal! Oh how i love to prove him wrong lol!
We usually have Fajitas at least once a week and I wasn’t about to stop even being on my Slimming World diet! I have put together my Syn free recipe for you all to enjoy 🙂
The main thing is to swap the tortilla wraps for large lettuce leafs and they are still as delicious.. or if you really cannot resist the wraps i have found the Weight watchers brown and white wraps are some of the lowest at only 4.5 syns each or 1 wrap is a Healthy extra B. Sometimes i treat myself to one wrap and cut it into strips. Then i can add a couple of strips in with my lettuce leafs 🙂
Ingredients: (Serves 2 – 3 people, MILD spice)
This recipe is for “Chicken Fajitas”
- 350g Skinless chicken breast thinly sliced (remove any traces of fat)
- 4 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp HOT Chilli Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic or 1 Tsp lazy garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tin of Red kidney beans
- 1 Chicken Stock cube
- 2 Large peppers (your choice of yellow, red, green or orange etc)
- 1 Small onion or 1/2 a cup of frozen diced onion
- 1/4 pint of Water
For Beef Fajitas: Use 350g lean thinly sliced beef and use a beef stock cube
Could also be made with Turkey
- I use 4 Large lettuce leafs
- I serve with 50g of long grain rice each
- I also use my 40g Low fat cheese Healthy extra A allowance
- Heat a frying pan on the hob, it is best to get this very hot (try not to use any oil.. but a few squirts of frylight can be used if required)
- Thinly slice the chicken and place into a bowl. Add Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Hot chilli powder, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Basil and crushed stock cube. Add Water and mix together with the chicken to marinate (this could also be left over night).
- Add chicken to the hot pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Thinly slice the 2 peppers and onion and add this to the pan along with the kidney beans.
- The mixture usually takes 15 to 20 minutes to cook and soften pepper etc. You may need to add a little more water if the mixture dries.
- Serve in the pan or a special cast iron fajita pan to keep warm.
All completely syn free and totally delicious 🙂 Enjoy xx