Raita is a classic Indian yogurt sauce that’s one of the most versatile condiments we’ve ever encountered! There’s no one way to make raita—recipe vary from region to region, family to family, and season to season. That said, it’s always made with yogurt—typically plain, full-fat yogurt—spices, and some kind of fruit or vegetable that will add heft and texture to the creamy spiced yogurt. Served perfectly alongside a naan bread or popadom.
Creamy Indian Raita Sauce | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This is a very simple Indian sauce or condiment called Raita that pairs deliciously well with spicy Indian dishes to help refresh and cool the palate. It comes together in about 5-10 minutes very quick and easy! This recipe has been created with Slimming World in mind but it is also perfect for anyone following the WW plan or a calorie deficit.
What is Raita?
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Really easy to make
- Syn free when following Slimming World
- Create your perfect fakeaway night
- Thick and creamy
- Full of speed
- Low in calories
- Keeps for a few days
- Full of flavour
Create your ultimate FAKEAWAY night using some of our Indian Recipes…
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bhuna
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- Chicken Madras
- Syn Free Naan Bread
- Vegetable Pilau Rice
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Place into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: Place into an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Simply defrost in the fridge overnight and enjoy.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Creamy Indian Raita
- 150g Fat free natural yoghurt
- ½ Cucumber [Peeled, finely diced]
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- ⅓ tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped mint
- Pinch Salt
- Pop everything into a bowl and mix together.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.