This is a classic Indian dish that’s very popular amongst novice Indian food eaters. Syn Free on the Slimming World but that doesn’t mean it loses any of the authentic taste
I tried the Chicken Tikka recipe on the Slimming world website and honestly it just tasted like a mouthful of grit.. It just didn’t contain enough liquid. Finally Mr Fatgirlskinny and I have perfected our delicious syn free chicken tikka.. hopefully you will enjoy too.
I’m always in the mood for Indian food. If it were up to me, I’d probably only eat Indian food. This chicken tikka is quick and easy to make with very minimal effort. Just remember to marinate in advance and keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
All you need now is something to service your delicious curry with… Try one of our other Indian fakeaway recipes.
Chicken Tikka Curry
- Food Processor
- 300 g Skinless Boneless Chicken Thigh (Diced)
- 400 g Chopped Tomatoes (Drained)
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 10 tbsp Natural Fat Free Yogurt
- 150 ml Boiling Chicken Stock
- 4 tbsp Tikka Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- Pinch Salt
- To make the marinade: Using a food processor blend together 6 tbsp Natural yoghurt, tikka spice, ginger, paprika, cumin, basil, garlic and salt to form a paste. Cover the chicken with the paste, cover and place into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Making the curry: Spritz a pan with Frylight, bring to a medium heat and add the onion. Cook until softened.
- Add the chicken and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the boiling stock and chopped tomatoes. Stir well, cover with a lid and simmer on a medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining yogurt. Stir through and serve over delicious rice.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you have created this recipe.