I tried the Chicken Tikka recipe on the Slimming world website and honestly it just tasted like a mouthful of grit.. It just didn’t have enough liquid in it. Finally my husband and I have perfected our delicious syn free chicken tikka.. hopefully you will enjoy too.
Servings: 2-3 People
Syns: Syn Free
300g skinless chicken (diced with any fat removed)
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 onion finely chopped
10 TBSP Fat free natural yoghurt
3 and 1/2 TBSP of Tikka curry powder
1 Tsp Ginger
1 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Basil
1 Tsp Cumin
2 Cloves of garlic or 1 tsp of garlic powder
Salt and pepper
White or Brown rice to serve…
I always use a NUTRIBULLET to mix my curry paste but you could mix this together in a bowl.. I always prepare my paste to marinate the chicken at least 2 hours before but it is much better if you can leave overnight.
- Add 6 TBSP of natural fat free yoghurt, tikka spice, ginger, paprika, cumin, basil, garlic, salt and pepper into a bowl or blender, Mix until a paste is formed.
- Add uncooked chicken and allow to marinate for as least 2 hours.Heat pan and coat well with frylight as the yogurt can cause it to stick.
- Heat the chicken until cooked through and add onion.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- This is where you need to decide if the curry needs extra creaminess or liquid.. if so add the remaining yogurt to taste.. this is entirely up to you
- Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes and then serve with rice or syn free chips..
I have heard a few people mention that they find it hard to buy tikka spice from the supermarket.. we get ours from Tesco no problems here
I really hope you enjoy as much as we do.. Any comments welcomed.
Have you created this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram 🙂 @fatgirlskinny_sw